Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy unfinished (raw) furniture with bespoke options?

(8 Posts)
butterflycatcher Thu 21-Sep-17 14:41:08

I am trying to get hold of furniture like chest of drawers, coffee table, shoe rack etc. I would ideally like to buy these in unfinished wood that I could paint to fit in with my existing home decor. I'm thinking along the lines of a pine factory workshop that would allow bespoke measurements but cannot find anything in the south east. I live in south-east London and only seem to be able to find places in Yorkshire, Cornwall etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Georgiesgirl Sat 23-Sep-17 05:23:48

Www.scumblegoosie.co.uk
I don't know if it's your style but they do unpainted furniture and the sizes can be changed a little.

itshappening Tue 03-Oct-17 08:00:14

There is the Pine Yard at Colchester, not tried them, or there is a shop in Bexleyheath called Forever Furniture that will order stuff for you. Quite of few of the further afield places deliver nationally. There is also a shop in Hertford called Furniture4yourhome that do bespoke stuff and deliver to London.

Blodplod Tue 03-Oct-17 08:06:28

I was going to recommend stumble goosie too.. I bought a small dressing table and bedside tables. They're bespoke sizing as I needed them to be teeny tiny (period cottage). Actually the looked so nice in natural wood when they arrived I left them just varnished instead of painting them.

Blodplod Tue 03-Oct-17 08:06:58

Scumblegoosie even..

itshappening Tue 03-Oct-17 09:29:27

Stumble goosie...I think I will stick to that from now on smile
I have never ordered from there but often looked at the website, so by the sounds of it you found it good quality Blodplod?

Blodplod Tue 03-Oct-17 10:30:44

Excellent.. truly beautiful furniture.. I ordered fairly random sized bedside tables.. 33' wide instead of a standard 40' that most bedside cabinets/tables are. They miniature versions of their design but still as beautiful. I also got dressing table and chair and covered the chair pad myself in a piece of curtain material which was left over. Great company!

itshappening Tue 03-Oct-17 14:55:48

Very tempted now! Thanks for the info.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now