Talk

Advanced search

What to fill this small corner?

(8 Posts)
thisgirlrides Tue 19-Sep-17 13:42:58

There's a small space in our dining room between our (finally painted grin) dresser & the window currently housing an old dining chair but in need of something more stylish/permanent.
Ignoring the laptop wire trailing across the room, we plan to feed the rest into the back of the dresser so they won't be visible so maybe a free standing lamp would work but in truth, we could do with more storage & have babies so must be indestructible!

JoJoSM2 Tue 19-Sep-17 15:57:26

Why the need to fill every corner? I'd just get the chair out of there. The space would also allow for some beautiful, full-length curtains.

buckeejit Tue 19-Sep-17 17:39:21

I don't think you can do anything useful with that space unless you put a lamp there or large floor vase. I'd just leave it myself, or else put a nice wicker basket there for the cat. No cat? Get some cats 😉

wowfudge Tue 19-Sep-17 21:00:14

I'd leave it too. If you really want to add something, what about pictures either side of the dresser?

SandunesAndRainclouds Tue 19-Sep-17 21:05:57

I agree with buckeejit. A kitten would look adorable in that corner!

SingaSong12 Tue 19-Sep-17 21:07:37

I'd leave it empty- you might find it useful to store things a chair (e.g. dining chair if you are using a high chair).

thisgirlrides Tue 19-Sep-17 21:14:32

You've all got a point smile If we actually get around to hiding the wires, you're right, we don't need anything there and the room's not massive so clear corner is the way to go I think. I'm currently saving for some big white slatted blinds as it's a really odd wide low window and not really wanting heavy curtains in the dining room.

WipsGlitter Tue 19-Sep-17 21:27:51

Big floor plant?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: