Talk

Advanced search

Do F&B sample pots look a lot lighter than the colour card

(6 Posts)
buckeejit Tue 19-Sep-17 10:06:46

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm trying to decide between old white & hardwick white for our island to go with house white on kitchen units but both shades with 2 coats look lighter than the colour card imo.

Am I imagining it? I know the colour will look more intense on a larger area so should I go for the lighter one? I don't know how I'm going to finally make a decision!

OP’s posts: |
buckeejit Tue 19-Sep-17 10:08:25

4th one down on left & 5th one down on the right btw

fruitbrewhaha Tue 19-Sep-17 10:14:17

They do look different on the cards than in reality. The colour looks different depending on the light, and what they are painted with, in contrast. It also depends what you have painted over. Have you painted a piece of card there? It would be a white underneath. So depends on your undercoat.

RunningOutOfCharge Tue 19-Sep-17 10:17:16

Colour cards and colour design on tin never match the actual paint

It's only an indication,hence tester pots being sold

buckeejit Tue 19-Sep-17 11:01:54

Yes it's just painted on cardboard with no undercoat, which if anything I thought would make it seem darker than the colour card.

Maybe I'll just go with the colours going well together on the card so bound to when painted, even if they look quite different! Thankfully I'm not overly fussy 😄

WittgensteinsBunny Thu 21-Sep-17 11:12:35

Our front door is Hardwick White and I'd say it's a pale sage green. It looks more green on our front door than your tester swatch. IIRC it looks lighter than the colour chart - I think all F&B colours do. Old White is more of a darker, off-white isn't it? It's not green though, maybe green undertones.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in