Talk

Advanced search

F&B Cromarty - soft and muted or toothpaste colour?

(13 Posts)
moonbeam1066 Sun 03-Sep-17 14:01:03

Help please! I'm redecorating my lounge and looking for a soft, muted not too dark green/ grey colour. Been looking at F&B Cromarty - described on their website as a soft muted colour but am worried it may look more minty colour on the walls - tried a tester but still undecided!!

If anyone has used this colour in their homes would be very grateful of your views. ( also looked at Mizzle but worried that may be a little dark?)

FlameCrestedTanager Tue 05-Sep-17 11:26:42

Cromarty is lovely and not at all minty! I would say it's a soft greyish green. Can't post a picture because I'm away but I would definitely recommend.

moonbeam1066 Tue 05-Sep-17 19:21:59

That's great to hear, thank you smile

whataboutbob Wed 06-Sep-17 19:57:39

Sorry if this is just complicating things. I painted my living room in Cromarty last year but am thinking of repainting. It looks good in electric light in the evening but in natural light is quite cold. The room is north west facing. I also see it as more of a grey blue than a grey green.

moonbeam1066 Wed 06-Sep-17 20:58:24

Not complicating things at all, it's really good to get differing opinions. My lounge is triple aspect and L shaped - roughly facing south, east and north - so part of the room is bright and sunny most of the day and part quite shaded. I've found any colours in there are really amplified (it had previously been painted magnolia but it looked a really deep cream) hence my concern about going for anything too dark.

I think maybe I just need to go for it and keep everything crossed!

Shesaysso Wed 06-Sep-17 21:02:22

Pale powder is gorgeous and is a pale greeny grey

whataboutbob Wed 06-Sep-17 22:12:39

I think maybe that could work. With the light on in the darker part it will look quite attractive IMO. The South facing part should also look good. It' just when there isn't much light- well, it looks sort of dreary in my opinion.

mazzamoo123 Tue 28-Nov-17 16:16:12

@moonbeam1066 did you go for Cromarty? I’m thinking of it but worried it’s too dark and sludgy... would love to know the end result!

averythinline Tue 28-Nov-17 18:42:15

Its not dark or minty, In my south/south east facing room though it was quite pale so probably a nice greenish nuetral..

AmeliaFlashtart Tue 05-Dec-17 12:03:23

I painted the hallway in Cromarty last year, it is a cold colour, not minty but grey green. Thinking of repainting already.

AmeliaFlashtart Tue 05-Dec-17 12:04:23

Basically, nice brand, great name, dull cold color.

Paintmaker Wed 06-Dec-17 17:58:35

Hicks & Weatherburn have Force Gill, #55 and nice hand painted colour swatches. They'll adjust colours for you if you can describe what you want.

DrunkenUnicorn Sat 09-Dec-17 13:25:54

If you’re looking for a green grey have you looked at Duluth heritage silver fern? It doesn’t look like much at all on the swatch but lovely on the wall.

We’ve just had our hallway done in it and I love it. In daylight it’s a pale delicate green with grey tones- nothing bathroomy about it. In the shadows it’s grey with pale green tones. We used ash white with it on the wood work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now