Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got a navy or dark blue living room?

(39 Posts)
GaryBarlowsTaxReturn Wed 23-Aug-17 10:35:38

Really tempted to take the plunge and redecorate my lounge in Little Green Royal Navy. Anyone else done this? Pics or advice would be gratefully received!

OP’s posts: |
hamsterloverlover Wed 23-Aug-17 10:36:50

i was in john lewis yesterday and all their furniture range seems to feature alot of navy blue walls grin

Couchpotato3 Wed 23-Aug-17 10:43:05

We painted over navy walls in our living room when we moved in. It took many many coats of paint!

bellsandwhistles89 Wed 23-Aug-17 10:56:22

I have a navy wall!

Looked at using Little Greene Royal Navy but ended up using Benjamin Moore - Deep Royal. It looks lovely and would definitely recommend.

I want to paint the whole room navy now but the partner isnt as keen, we will see what happens when he goes away one weekend... wink

SherlocksDeerstalker Wed 23-Aug-17 10:57:38

I went navy and ochre in the bedroom. I have a LOT of navy rooms on my Pinterest boards!

pistachioicecream Wed 23-Aug-17 11:04:41

We have a navy living room. Ours is Breton Blue by Dulux, but would imagine its similar to the Little Greene one.

It's great. Really cosy and relaxing. I was worried about it being too dark but we were brave and just did it! So pleased we did. Love it. Go for it.

Greypaw Wed 23-Aug-17 12:05:28

I went dark blue in the boot room, it's lovely, especially with white or silver features.

GaryBarlowsTaxReturn Wed 23-Aug-17 13:34:47

Ooh thanks so much everyone, you are spurring me on! Will look at the Dulux colour.

krazipan Wed 23-Aug-17 13:48:31

Yep! I love it!

GaryBarlowsTaxReturn Wed 23-Aug-17 13:49:45

Is anyone bold enough to post me a pic of their blue rooms?

Tronkmanton Wed 23-Aug-17 13:57:40

Not sure if this helps but I love the blue we painted our dining room- it's not quite navy though. I think it would work in a sitting room.

Janika Wed 23-Aug-17 14:01:41

Yes that looks the same blue we painted our conservatory with. I absolutely love it and so do all the visitors.

pistachioicecream Wed 23-Aug-17 14:12:47

Here you go.

Not quite finished though as we'd only just had the woodburner and hearth put in when I took this - still need to finish the skirting and find a fire surround that works, and we have a big antique gold mirror to hang above the fireplace to break it up a bit. But hopefully you get the idea.

GaryBarlowsTaxReturn Wed 23-Aug-17 16:35:03

tronk and pistachio your rooms look great! Really lovely shades. I'm going to order some tester pots grin

JoyceDivision Wed 23-Aug-17 16:41:12

Beautiful rooms,we have dark grey in ours, looks fab! Tronk what shade of blue is yours? Looksv similar to a very expensive one I liked but coyldn't face paying for!

IMissGin Wed 23-Aug-17 16:44:55

I'm about too. F&B stiff key blue

GherkinSnatch Wed 23-Aug-17 17:01:43

If you want to be ahead of the curve go for a deep forest green instead of blue/navy [knowing wink]

GaryBarlowsTaxReturn Wed 23-Aug-17 18:44:48

gherkinsnatch I love the idea of a forest green room but I think the navy will go better with everything I have in my lounge. I am having Forrest green tiles in my kitchen (when I finally find a fitter...)

rumer35 Wed 23-Aug-17 20:46:05

Gherkinsnatch, I'm going to go for it!

TheTeaFairy Thu 24-Aug-17 05:34:52

Love your sofa Pistachio - would you mind saying where it's from? smile

MotherFeeder Thu 24-Aug-17 17:08:19

Sorry to jump your thread but can I ask about dust and dark walls? I wanted to have very dark grey cupboards and the decorators said that whilst they look great to begin with, the dark colours show up dust more than lighter colours. I wonder if this applies to walls too?

GaryBarlowsTaxReturn Thu 24-Aug-17 20:28:56

motherfeeder I have farrow and ball downpipe in a few places in my house. Haven't noticed any dust issues. Its a great shade and a lot warmer than people think it will be.

pistachioicecream Fri 25-Aug-17 19:16:26

TheTeaFairy It's from sofa.com The snowdrop one.

Tatlerer Fri 25-Aug-17 19:50:23

Go for it OP. I'm going for a F&B stiffkey blue dining room on all four walls and the ceiling (leaving only the original cornicing in white) and I can't wait. My builder thinks I'm utterly bonkers.

TheTeaFairy Sat 26-Aug-17 18:47:39

Thank you OP. Off to the sofa.com website now smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in