Talk

Advanced search

Has anybody used a colour consultant?

(9 Posts)
Thecatsmother17 Thu 03-Aug-17 11:42:36

I'm redecorating my house and finding it tough to pick paint colours.

I was considering using a colour consultant to help - any recs?

GerbitaFillsbottomMcSimmons Tue 08-Aug-17 21:19:24

Farrow and Ball have a colour consultancy service. I think it's just over £200 for a one hour visit with recommendations.

GatoradesDream Tue 08-Aug-17 21:27:24

I'm considering this too, two rooms down, one colour I'm changing for certain and one I'm deliberating (in another thread), many more to do and I'll end up wasting a fortune in paint and decorator fees if I don't start getting it right

Lesley1980 Tue 08-Aug-17 21:32:07

I've never used one but Dulux used to offer it. Their website used to have a list of people in your area. Probably cheaper than F & B & more options.

I did use an interior designer years ago but we just didn't have the same taste. Paint was something she recommended but again not what I was after.

buckeejit Mon 28-Aug-17 22:28:15

Ooh interesting-I'd go F&B as love the depth & chalkiness of their finish. Almost same colours in dulux seem a tad more garish by comparison

YHlondon Sun 08-Oct-17 18:42:53

Sorry to open this back up but wondered if the OP had found a consultant? Am also looking for one for a house refurbished. Spoke to F&B today but would like to have an external consultant who can advise across different paint brands for the best colour range (thinking F&B for the walls and have my eye on some Little Greene and Fired Earth paints for cabinets).

rainorshine39 Mon 09-Oct-17 08:53:38

Have you tried the new dulux visualiser app? Don't have to use their paint but it helps show what the room may look like?

YHlondon Mon 09-Oct-17 09:55:15

Thanks - yes we tried it initially but DH requires some "professional" third party input to be happy. We're nearly there, but given we are spending quite a lot and getting the new kitchen painted at the same time, want to make sure that we don't make any very expensive mistakes!

JoJoSM2 Mon 09-Oct-17 10:34:29

No recommendations but it's probably worth it. I just go with DH's opinion as he has an amazing eye for colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now