Talk

Advanced search

Please help me furnish a large blank space.

(7 Posts)
stayathomegardener Sun 02-Jul-17 18:07:07

Finally finishing our new house and despite being reasonably good at the design and planning of it I am completely flummoxed by the interiors.
Kitchen/dining area is ok, I am at a loss for soft furnishings in our bedroom and have drawn a complete blank for the living room.

It's double height, all white with dominant oak beams and a pale floor.
I have no ideas at all on how to finish it.

stayathomegardener Sun 02-Jul-17 18:08:39

Another angle to fireplace.

luckiestgirl Sun 02-Jul-17 18:11:01

Wow. What a place. We'll done you OP.

Pinterest is your friend for stuff like this.

stayathomegardener Sun 02-Jul-17 18:11:25

Empty gap in middle.

stayathomegardener Sun 02-Jul-17 18:18:44

Thank you @luckiestgirl it's taken years.
I think we are just a bit fed up with it and don't really see it anymore.
I do use Pinterest and can see lots of lovely things but can't visualise anything together a harmonious finished room.
I did use themed boards for lighting, bathrooms etc during the build as it was easy to search specific things.
Should I be using it in a different way?

SecondaryQuandary Sun 02-Jul-17 20:26:10

I would def take advantage of the dbl height by having long huge lights hanging down.

How many are you? Do you have ppl over much? I'd let this govern how much seating I have. eg we are family of 4, often have 4-8 ppl over so have 2 x 3 seat sofa and a larger one, plus armchair. Would you want to sit together or would you prefer separate different sections within the open space? They do this sort of thing v well in the States. I love for example the living space in the Amazon series Casual. We designed our kitchen around one I saw in a Poggenpohl brochure - liked the layout etc. Have you seen any similar shaped rooms that have furniture layouts you like?

stayathomegardener Mon 03-Jul-17 15:37:00

Thanks @SecondaryQuandary.
Really helpful. Especially the seating numbers /areas.
Will also try to look for the Amazon series although we don't have Amazon so may not be possible.
Our kitchen is Poggenpohl and we are so happy with that design and would love to continue that simplistic theme but the kitchen was decided for us really so very easy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: