Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend decent candles that don't cost the earth

(10 Posts)
WhatThePuck Wed 14-Jun-17 22:19:03

Just that
I go through candles quite frequently as I have a stoma bag and therefore is very smelly.
I do have some ££ candles in bedroom and lounge but when I change my bag in the bathroom I like to have one burning to mask the smell.
I've bought ones from H&M, Tescos which all smell nice in store but once the top layer has been burnt there is no fragrance. angry

I don't mind spending upto £15 for a largish candle but don't want to spend more as it's only on for a max 30 mins.

Like I said I d rather not use my expensive ones.

I like fresh especially aquatic fragrances but if anyone can recommend a range please

wowfudge Thu 15-Jun-17 08:06:13

Have you looked in TK Maxx or Homesense? They sell pricey branded candles at reduced prices so might be worth a look.

Kidssendingmenuts Thu 15-Jun-17 08:26:11

I love candles! I found ASDA ones are fab and just like Yankee candles, but have also now become obsessed with wax melts. The smell is better than candles and love popping one on when I get home. Maybe go down that route. Xx

ASDismynormality Thu 15-Jun-17 08:28:40

TKMaxx sell some lovely candles, I really like Park candles - about £10 and the smell lasts.

RoseVase2010 Thu 15-Jun-17 09:14:25

HomeSense Pecksniffs seem to be okay but I think it's always worth forking out for Jo Malone as nothing lasts like them or smells as good.

ny20005 Thu 15-Jun-17 09:15:59

Have you tried scentsy or wax melts ? I have an electric burner that I got for £15 on amazon & wax bars are about £7 but each cube lasts for ages

McTufty Thu 15-Jun-17 09:18:55

What about those £3.99 Aldi jo Malone knock offs? I use them day to day, I think they're in store this week.

AngelicaSchuylerChurch Thu 15-Jun-17 19:15:59

Perfume Parlour wax melts are very good. They do an excellent dupe for JM Wood Sage and Sea Salt which could be up your street.

WhenIGrowUpIWantToBeAPenguin Thu 15-Jun-17 19:29:20

I love MUJI candles - they last for ages and the hinoki wood one is divine...

WeeM Sun 18-Jun-17 22:34:12

www.shearer-candles.com

These are my favourite-lovely and not overly expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now