Talk

Advanced search

My son's new project

(6 Posts)
LindaMorris Sat 03-Jun-17 15:51:57

Good afternoon,

I don't want to be seen as promoting this, so won't mention it's name, but my son has just made an app outside his usual 9-5pm as an electrician. It is designed for people to post before and after pictures of homes and home renovations, with product tagz so others can see where to buy.

He has asked me to ask friends and family to download it and test it, but I also thought it would be good to get some outside opinions. I have always read things on mumsnet but never posted, so thought i'd try. Is this OK to do?

Would anyone be interested? I can send the details, it's free and also has an accompanying website if you would like to view that first.

Again, I hope this is OK for me to do and isn't breaking any rules. Happy to send private messages to anyone interested with the details if i'm not allowed to mention it's name.

Thanks in advance.

Linda

IWishYouWere Sat 03-Jun-17 17:50:15

I'd be interested

tiba Sat 03-Jun-17 19:28:41

I'd be interested smile
Great idea!

wowfudge Sat 03-Jun-17 20:15:10

Hmm - sounds similar to Houzz. How does he think his app is different?

Agoddessonamountaintop Sat 03-Jun-17 20:25:14

Yes I think that's exactly how Housz started.

LindaMorris Sat 03-Jun-17 20:27:11

Wow I didn't expect so many responses, thank you. Can you private message on here? Oh i'll just write it and hope it's ok! It's called Housetagz and is available on iPhones or Android by searching for "Housetagz" (with a z!). They also have a website you can type into Google.

It's different to Houzz as the idea is every project has product tagz in, unlike Houzz where you might see something you like but then not find where to buy it for yourself, even after asking the user who may not reply or may not know if they hired someone to buy it etc.

Also it encourages before and after pictures and projects so people can see progress, not just the finished article.

Any feedback would be most appreciated. Thank you so so so much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now