Talk

Advanced search

Next furniture

(13 Posts)
7Days Mon 29-May-17 12:21:48

We'll be replacing our sofa soon and touring around showrooms confuses me. Was looking through the next catalogue and the sofas look really nice! Lots of different sizes and styles and some lovely looking fabrics.
I have my eye on the dark charcoal colour leather. It would look really well in our front room covered in paw patrol tat, yogurt smears and discarded socks.
Anyone know if the quality is any good? They are not cheap so they'd need to at least match the sturdiness of our old suite which was from Argo over ten years and three children ago.

JT05 Mon 29-May-17 18:43:12

We bought a chair and small sofa covered in velvet, last January. They were exactly as the one we saw in the showroom. The delivery was excellent.
They also gave us 15 days to return them if they didn't suit the room.
So far they have been very good.

7Days Mon 29-May-17 22:55:26

Thanks for that JT. I know I'm prone to getting fond of fancy staging. But yrying to lead with the head this time

PurpleDaisies Mon 29-May-17 22:57:48

We've had our next sofas for nine years. They're fabric but have lasted really well.

boggedoff Mon 29-May-17 23:00:12

same as purple, our next sofa is about 6 years old and still looks good, no sagging grin

Iamastonished Mon 29-May-17 23:19:23

We have had our Next sofas for four years and they are not wearing well at all. I need to contact customer services and get new covers and replace the back and side cushions which have gone all lumpy. I'm not impressed.

TiffanyAtBreakfast Tue 30-May-17 22:04:06

They are lovely looking - but I'm 80% sure somebody told me that their sofas don't come with any sort of warrantee. Check that out before buying!

PurpleDaisies Tue 30-May-17 22:04:59

Ours and with a guarantee for about three years. That was nine years ago though!

TheInimitableMrsFanshawe Tue 30-May-17 22:06:10

We've had an armchair and a snug seat. Both wearing well and I've even washed the (non-washable) cushions on the snug seat with no problems. Laura Ashley sofa on the other hand, we hated almost as soon as it arrived. Can't wait to get rid of it.

CoperCabana Tue 30-May-17 22:08:28

I had one which was almost immediately saggy. We had tried it in store and everything. Was really disappointed as it was expensive and took forever to arrive. And from memory, the delivery was awful. Much happier with my leather DFS one which replaced it.

MinisWin Tue 30-May-17 22:16:05

Also had a next sofa where the cushions went lumpy and saggy after not very long at all. We got rid of it after 3 years and have replaced with sofa.com - brilliant!

doodlejump1980 Tue 30-May-17 22:21:52

We're not happy with our next sofas. Feathers EVERYWHERE and the cushions have all gone lumpy and misshapen. They're not even 2 years old. The springs/slats under the cushions have also gone - we're normal-sized people. I would say avoid! Very prices considering the issues we've had. We'll still be paying it off after we've got rid! 😡

Jultay Sun 25-Jun-17 12:40:48

I bought a 3 seater 2 seater and corner unit from Next . They were very good bargains in the sale but I am happy I never paid full price for them. The seat cushions on the sofas have sagged and you feel very low down on them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now