Talk

Advanced search

Peony Silk Flowers

(6 Posts)
NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Sat 27-May-17 12:51:03

Does anyone have a Peony silk flower ornament? Are silk flowers naff? They are on offer on QVC this week and I've had a look at their website and they look stunning and really upmarket.

Just wanted other peoples viewpoints about Silk Flower Displays really.

NotAMammy Sat 27-May-17 17:07:45

They can be nice, it really depends on the quality of the flowers. I think it's something I'd want to see in real life before buying though, as it's easy to look a bit 'plastic graveyard flowers' imo.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Sat 27-May-17 17:29:42

Thanks NotAMammy

I know what you mean about seeing them for yourself but with QVC you can send them back within 90 days for a full refund no questions. asked.

I've been looking properly today and there is a huge variation in quality

Nanasueathome Sat 27-May-17 17:32:00

I love Peony flowers
They used to be called Ruckley flowers and the village they are from is in Ruckley, Shropshire
They have an outlet shop there and my daughter and I have been going there for years, long before they came to QVC
They do 'one off' trial stuff there as well
I have bought some stunning arrangements from there

NotAMammy Sat 27-May-17 21:14:45

I didn't realise Peony was the brand name, I thought you meant the type.

happygardening Sun 28-May-17 08:39:58

We used to have a Peony shop for a short while in our local town, I'd seen their website and was keen to look, they were significantly better and significantly more expensive than the stuff our naff local garden centre flogs but I was still slightly disappointed TBH.
We've also got a Bloom shop not a million miles away, I think they might be slightly better although let's be realistic neither however good will be the real thing. I have a few Bloom single stem flowers e.g. a bearded iris (that's pretty convincing) and an alium that's also good some blossom and catkins which I display in spring and I do like their orchids.
But I'm always very careful to ensure that they match with the time of year they would flower in reality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now