Talk

Advanced search

Chalkboard paint - is it any good?

(4 Posts)
KathyBeale Wed 17-May-17 10:48:32

I've just started working from home so I am doing up my study. I've been looking for a big whiteboard/pin board combo but they are all too small.

Soooo, I was wondering about painting one whole wall in chalkboard paint. I've seen you can get it in all sorts of different colours now. Has anyone used it? Is it good? Can you share a pic?

I've read that the magnetic paint is rubbish so thought I could get some cork tiles and stick those on the wall (and perhaps paint over them so they match? But that might not work...)

Any opinions/advice?

statetrooperstacey Wed 17-May-17 11:01:38

I have one whole wall done in black, I used Willko own brand, that had best reviews.
Cost £20 and went on really easily. No mess, no smell. We get a lot of chalk dust tho!
It looks awesome.

statetrooperstacey Wed 17-May-17 11:04:56

If you can tell me how, I can post a pic (Luddite). I'm on iPhone and hav pic on my camera roll but don't know how to do it!

Llamacorn Wed 17-May-17 11:08:30

I've used it and actually hated it! We had to use a lot of layers and it just never seemed right and was quite hard to draw on.
We've since decorated and we bought self adhesive chalkboard roll from amazon, and its great. Can be cut to size and much easier to take down or replace than the paint was.

Have a look at b&q or Homebase, look at a particular paint you were wanting to buy and you should see some reviews underneath.

Wee tip, if you gently rub chalk or chalk dust over a chalkboard surface before you use it then any chalk writing will be easier to wipe off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now