Talk

Advanced search

Which paint to go with wallpaper?

(7 Posts)
NotJanine Sun 14-May-17 11:48:34

I'm wallpapering one wall of my bedroom (due to wall being too dodgy to paint). I think I'm going to use this paper, but not sure what shade paint for the other walls.

Is there a rule for this? Should I get as close a match as possible to the main greeny colour or would a lighter or darker shade look ok? I've seen a nice grayish green which is a bit darker.

sugarplumfairy28 Sun 14-May-17 17:15:53

How light is your room? If it is naturally quite bright, you could go for a darker shade, something that matches a colour in the wallpaper. If it is quite dark in the room, go for a light matching shade.

NotJanine Wed 17-May-17 12:05:08

Sorry, I didn't think anyone had replied to this.

The room has a large window but is north west facing. Currently nice and sunny in the evening. Hmm, I'll have to think about it. Thanks

blueskyinmarch Wed 17-May-17 12:07:47

It depends really. If your bedding and/or flooring is dark i would paint it the palest colour on the paper. If you have light bedding but want the room to feel cosy i would go with the darker grey tone. I would avoid trying to match the main back ground colour.

NotJanine Wed 17-May-17 12:23:08

Thanks

Bedding is quite light. I will get carpet once it is all finished. The photo isn't very clear, it is green background and the flowers are silver and white.

This is the colour I was thinking of

blueskyinmarch Wed 17-May-17 12:28:29

Looks like a good colour. Get a sample pot and pin up a bit of your paper by the sample patch to get and idea of how it will look.

NotJanine Wed 17-May-17 13:01:07

Thanks

This is the first time for me decorating on my own. Great to be able to choose what I want but miss having someone to ask 'what do you think?'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now