Talk

Advanced search

Fairy / string lights

(9 Posts)
GrannyRoberts Sat 13-May-17 14:12:06

Just wondering what people think of using these indoors to create a warm cosy feel? I love them and would really like to get some into my living room somehow for cosy evenings (no option of real fire or I'd do that!) but don't want it to look like a child's bedroom! Thoughts, ideas etc very welcome.

FannyWisdom Sat 13-May-17 14:14:58

I've a weakness for fairy lights and a taste bypass

Have you looked at the LED strips that can be fitted everywhere? They give good light effects but seem tidied.

FannyWisdom Sat 13-May-17 14:18:35

www.amazon.co.uk/BMOUO-5050-Strip-Lights-Built/dp/B01M34RIPL/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1494681333&sr=8-7&keywords=led+strip+lights&tag=mumsnetforum-21

Like these.

GrannyRoberts Sat 13-May-17 14:27:24

Thanks Fanny, glad its not just me! I'll have a look at those LED ones, but I do really like the twinkly fairyness of more traditional ones smile

reuset Sat 13-May-17 14:29:52

Not on the High Street had some nice fairy lights last I checked. There's also somewhere online selling nice hand made lights. I'll have to look it up when I'm home

MumBod Sat 13-May-17 14:30:44

I love them.

I have them all over the garden as well as in my living room. It's taken me years to give into it, and now I have, I've gone mad.

I like being in my forties. I no longer give a fuck what anyone thinks.

<drapes fairy lights over keyboard>

CatsCantFlyFast Sat 13-May-17 14:33:07

Look at copper wire lights and try them in vases/storm lamps perhaps

GrannyRoberts Sat 13-May-17 14:58:01

Mum grin to that! Merkin I love the idea of the copper wire ones, they would give off a lovely warm light I imagine, got some standard ones in a vase in kitchen and they look nice (IMO) so might try that idea. Reuset NOTHS is a good call, will check that out. Anyone care to share a photo or two?!

Trills Sat 13-May-17 14:59:47

I like them. Mine were Christmas lights from Argos or similar .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now