Talk

Advanced search

Best white for a north facing room

(12 Posts)
WomblingThree Sun 07-May-17 08:10:18

I'm about to have my kitchen re-done and I would like white painted walls. Units are pale grey and counters and floor are slate coloured.

I love the look of F & B Blackened, but I've read it's no good for north facing rooms. The kitchen is tiny, and I would need less than a 2.5l can of paint, so I'm happy to go with any brand.

Can anyone give me any ideas please.

AddToBasket Sun 07-May-17 08:14:53

If you are open to cheaper paint ideas then I recommend you to get a sample of Johnsons Paint in Winter Fairy. I have just painted a house in it and it has made the rooms really light and bright without being too yellow.

7to25 Sun 07-May-17 08:16:35

I would worry about the fifty shades of grey thing going on. It depends very much on the colour of your units and not clashing. F ansB ammonite might be good or Dulux timeless for a much warmer colour that goes with grey. Another idea might be a pink or flesh tone white but it depends on he cabinet colour.

Agoddessonamountaintop Sun 07-May-17 08:26:11

This any help?

Agoddessonamountaintop Sun 07-May-17 08:27:19

Or this?

WomblingThree Sun 07-May-17 08:47:43

Thank you goddess. I have no idea why I didn't find that blush.

Addtobasket I'm absolutely open to cheap. I've just painted my living room with a bucket of £10 trade paint grin. I just figured that I could splash out a bit if I needed to as it's such a tiny room. I will check out Winter Fairy. Thank you.

Agoddessonamountaintop Sun 07-May-17 19:40:51

You're welcome. I think I googled 'f&b best white for north-facing room.' I reckon if I'd gone to the website and looked for it I'd have struggled - don't think it's very user-friendly.

Agoddessonamountaintop Sun 07-May-17 19:47:20

You're welcome. I think I googled 'f&b best white for north-facing room.' I reckon if I'd gone to the website and looked for it I'd have struggled - don't think it's very user-friendly.

sellotape12 Mon 29-May-17 08:11:58

F&B advised Skimming Stone when we had a similar conundrum. It's slightly warmer than Ammonite. You can also just get Johnsons to colour match it..

hollyisalovelyname Mon 29-May-17 20:47:15

Dulux Jasmine White

ChishandFips33 Sat 03-Jun-17 21:27:02

I have a north facing, dark kitchen and have natural calico

I'd like Timeless in it but it clashes with the tiles (have Timeless in other north facing rooms)

NotMeNoNo Sat 03-Jun-17 21:42:48

After the many recommendations I painted a north facing bedroom in Timeless, it looked excellent, better than expected. Covering over a pale grey Dulux White Mist, the difference was very noticeable and the room now has a "glow" without looking obviously cream.
Pale greys and slightly cream whites can look good together, they set each other off and prevent it all looking a bit monochromatic. I saw a lovely kitchen in a magazine with (IIRC) Little Greene Pearl Colour and Slaked Lime together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now