Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What colour towels for white/grey bathroom?

(41 Posts)
crazypenguinlady Sat 06-May-17 09:26:32

We're about to start on a much needed bath renovation. We'll be doing white tiles (with a slight textured pattern) on the walls and silvery grey flooring. It's a small bathroom so want to brighten it up. What colour would you suggest for towels, etc?

Also any suggestions for inexpensive but good quality towels? Thanks.

IHeartKingThistle Sat 06-May-17 09:27:32

Hot pink!

TroysMammy Sat 06-May-17 09:32:25

Bright pink. My bathroom is white tiles with a silver and terracotta border which I can't change but I could colour them in if I had the inclination.

My DP tolerates it as I've got pink towels, plant pots, soap dish, toilet brush holder, bin, bath mat, fake flowers in white vases, white toilet roll and I've recently bought a sensor toilet light and set it to pink. Although it alarmed me at first as it made my pee look orange grin

Bluntness100 Sat 06-May-17 09:34:21

Lime green or the same grey as the floor tiles..

ClaraLane Sat 06-May-17 09:34:35

Definitely something bright, maybe teal or pink? Can you add any accessories like a brightly coloured bin/soap dispenser etc?

Chesterfuckingdraws Sat 06-May-17 09:38:04

You'll get away with anything. We have a similar colour in our bathroom and have bright yellow. I also had turquoise, orange and purple previously, all as bright as I could find.
Dunelm, primark and Asda all do nice bright towels that aren't too expensive.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sat 06-May-17 09:38:55

I think any bright colour you like would work - pink or teal or lime as suggested above or yellow, orange or red. Or go wild with patterned towels - there are lovely Orla Kiely or Scion towels (from eg John Lewis) with bold graphic patterns that would work really well in a neutral space and really lift it.

LightYears Sat 06-May-17 09:43:48

Dunelm, prices and selection are good.

KWebs Sat 06-May-17 09:44:34

Aqua would look good!

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sat 06-May-17 09:49:37

well, don't buy light grey/silver towels

they looked lovely on the shelf ..black, charcoal, slate grey, silver grey, white

we already had white towels for the main bathroom, so i thought these would be ideal for one of the children, and they look just super folded up in the bedroom with the grey bedding and walls, but they look terrible on the washing line or next to anything white.

They are FABULOUS towels though, good size and weight, dry well, nice and thick but not that slippy and spongey feel you get with many lush type towels, just the right amount of brisk and scratchy b ut not stiff or cardboardy!

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sat 06-May-17 09:50:19

oh...talking about the Dunelm towels!!

Notadacrefan Sat 06-May-17 09:51:24

Purple and Asda

FluffyBathTowel Sat 06-May-17 09:55:18

Sorry but I think pink or teal towels is a bit predicatable blush

I'd go for just grey towels or a mix of white and black but I do prefer the minimalist scandi look in a bathroom. If that's too bland for you, what about yellow? Doesn't have to be a bright as the pic - a mustard shade would go too.

FluffyBathTowel Sat 06-May-17 09:57:53

Or B&W patterned like these.

TwoDaysLater Sat 06-May-17 10:00:29

Bright colors or grey, white or black.

I think I'd chose bright pink

LittleWingSoul Sat 06-May-17 21:10:07

My experience with brightly coloured owes though is that they give off a lot of very obvious fluff for a really long time - I had this problem with teal towels... although I suppose it could be the quality of the towels I bought?

I like neutral, stone coloured towels now, and for your bathroom think light grey would look nice. Are you thinking of any other accessories to add colour? We have stone coloured everything in both bathrooms, but one has pops of amber and turquoise and the other has pops of tarragon and lavender.

LittleWingSoul Sat 06-May-17 21:10:31

*brightly coloured towels

starsinyourpies Sat 06-May-17 23:45:07

White.

Sostenueto Sat 06-May-17 23:50:37

I have a white and grey bathroom with same colour towels looks lovely. You could try dusky pink or even light blue too.

Ketzele Sat 06-May-17 23:52:21

Burnt orange.

Sostenueto Sat 06-May-17 23:53:38

P.s. my towels from dunhelm too, wash up lovely and fluffy even after 6 months! I got the silver grey towels and the pure white.

Bambambini Sat 06-May-17 23:54:31

Well greu or white is the obvious- or line green or orange would brighten things up.

GraceGrape Sun 07-May-17 00:01:52

I have raspberry pink ones in a grey and white bathroom, which I like. I think yellow or teal could also work.

mrsw14 Sun 07-May-17 00:04:15

I'd go for an aqua blue or mustardy yellow. Dunelm and Next are fab for soft, bright towels

TheAwkwardMother Sun 07-May-17 01:03:51

Orange😍

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now