Talk

Advanced search

Any nice ideas for soft toy storage that doesn't look shite?

(13 Posts)
Twinkie1 Tue 02-May-17 19:11:17

Before I burn the whole fucking lot of them!

No hammocks or hanging things either please.

HemanOrSheRa Tue 02-May-17 19:16:33

This any good? www.wilko.com/linen-collection/wilko-large-faux-linen-ottoman-cream/invt/0423300. They do it is grey and also a smaller square version. They are sturdy enough for a child to sit on too. I've sat on ours but I wouldn't chance it regularly!

Wandastartup Tue 02-May-17 19:17:30

I bought a large basket from Tk macc

Crumbs1 Tue 02-May-17 19:22:45

I think your other suggestion is the way forward - a skip, a bin or burn them all leaving just one or two favourites.

FauxFox Tue 02-May-17 19:32:09

i know you said no hanging things but I got through DDs Beany Boo obsession by stuffing them in shoe hangers hung on her wardrobe doors...they were v. cheap from Argos iirc.

MissRainbowBrite Fri 05-May-17 14:12:27

My very talented Dad has just made this for DD, if you Google The Zoo cuddly toy store they're about £90, my Dad did it for less than half that. Wood from the local wood merchant and bungee cord from eBay. It's ace and you can just launch the cuddlies back in and see which you want if they need to find one.

cazzyc Fri 05-May-17 20:19:07

We bought an antique blanket box which is huge and cost £80 from a local Facebook selling page. They will cost about £130 from an antiques shop though.

LittleWingSoul Sat 06-May-17 21:16:24

We have a big fortnum and mason hamper with a lid (the hamper had been a xmas gift for DH's team at work and he was lucky enough to be the one who scored the empty hamper once all the goodies had been distributed!)

scissormister Mon 08-May-17 20:50:45

We use a blanket box from IKEA.

scissormister Mon 08-May-17 20:51:50

IKEA Hol it's apparently called.

Floggingmolly Fri 12-May-17 18:42:17

Imagine all those little heads staring at you as you sleep, FauxFox...
Creepy!

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 12-May-17 19:17:30

Order a nice wine hamper 🍷 from Fortnum & Mason's - drink the wine then use the hamper for toys!

MyHairNeedsASnip Fri 12-May-17 19:21:27

DD just has one of those hanging tube things from ikea, it's on a hook on the back of her door. I can't see it so it doesn't bother me and it takes up no space. If I got a box or something it would take up loads of room for something that was rarely played with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now