Advanced search

Those cool lightbulbs...

(9 Posts)
Londonjam Thu 27-Apr-17 15:19:49

...I'm hankering after this Oliver Bonas lamp

Lightbulb not included!

What are these type of lightbulbs called, where you can see the filamenty things?

Where would one buy those from? I'm googling and not having much joy.

whifflesqueak Thu 27-Apr-17 15:23:21

Edison or "squirrel cage filament" bulbs

Londonjam Thu 27-Apr-17 15:24:20

Thank you so much!

whifflesqueak Thu 27-Apr-17 15:25:23

no worries, I love them!

magicstar1 Thu 27-Apr-17 15:28:19

Ikea have them, and our local Aldi had them a few weeks ago.

Londonjam Thu 27-Apr-17 15:31:40

Ahhhh amazing :D

Do the Ikea ones fit regular light fittings?

LinaBo Thu 27-Apr-17 15:43:40

I got an LED one from B&Q, what I found was that most of the LED ones are very dim - but if you're not using it as main light it might not matter. Most places seem to sell them, I found some at Asda too - the incandescent type, not LED.

Londonjam Thu 27-Apr-17 17:01:31

Its for our hallway so want a nice bright one! thanks

itsacatastrophe Thu 27-Apr-17 21:50:08

Wilkos also stock them

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: