Talk

Advanced search

Slipper Satin substitute?

(7 Posts)
mulberryknit Thu 27-Apr-17 09:12:41

We are decorating our living room - very large with good natural light.
We have used F&B Slipper Satin in another room - we do love it but it is a bit too expensive! Could anyone suggest a Deluxe colour that is similar to Slipper Satin please?
I thought Timeless/Jasmine White would be too white and Egyptian Cotton would be too dark...
Has anyone used Dulux Summer Linen?

ItMustBeBedtimeSurely Thu 27-Apr-17 09:14:57

Go to a trade paint shop and they'll colour match in trade paint. We did that for our hallway because I wanted something harder wearing than f&b.

Colour matching isn't exact but it's really good. Plus trade paint is excellent.

mulberryknit Wed 03-May-17 08:42:21

Thank you. Off to a paint shop!

Intransige Wed 03-May-17 08:49:18

Some paint shops won't colour match Farrow & Ball, I think they get threatened with having the range removed from their store for doing it. You should also take in the RAL value as they should be able to match that with no issues: www.e-paint.co.uk/Colour_alternatives.asp?cRange=Farrow%20and%20Ball&cRef=2004&cDescription=Slipper%20satin

thethoughtfox Wed 03-May-17 10:30:47

I read advice somewhere to get a close match from a cheaper brand and then do the F&B for the final coat.

cazzyc Thu 04-May-17 21:51:04

Go to Johnstone's, they do it and I've never been able to tell the difference. I'd go for a flat matt to mimic the chalkiness of the F&B estate emulsion.

mulberryknit Sun 07-May-17 17:45:55

Thank you all. I took in the RAL value to my local paint shop and had it colour matched. I am very pleased with it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now