Talk

Advanced search

Lampshade inspiration

(7 Posts)
milkmoustache Fri 21-Apr-17 10:30:34

It is time to get rid of the horrible paper ceiling lampshades in the living room. Our budget is not high, neither is our ceiling, and our tastes are not of the chandelier persuasion. I just don't know where to look for inspiration - in previous years i would have gone straight to Habitat, but can't see anything much that tempts me there.

NotAMammy Sat 22-Apr-17 19:18:06

Watching with interest. I'm decidedly 'meh' about most lampshades I've seen and could do with replacing several. The only ones I've seen that I like are ones like this: www.made.com/hue-pendant-shade-navy-copper?utm_content=shopping-prospecting&madelp=gshopping&gclid=CNiZkJjWuNMCFUNmGwodjxQIJA&gclsrc=aw.ds but I'm not sure what that would look like from below...

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 28-Apr-17 17:26:57

I love that Hue one!

Have you got a TKMAx or Home Sense nearby as they have some lovely ones in there for a fraction of the price and then it doesn't matter if you change sonner rather than later.

I got a lovely mid blue velvet one similar shape to that Hue one for only £16 in there.

They have Voyage ones in there too from time to time.

dilapidated Sat 29-Apr-17 15:52:42

Habitat has 25% off this weekend and some lovely shades

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sat 29-Apr-17 16:33:04

I'd try Etsy - loads of lampshade makers on there and most aren't too pricey. Or buy a lampshade making kit http://www.dannells.com/lampshade-making-kits-15-c.asp and a fabric remnant and make your own one-off creation? It's honestly very easy - took me less than hour to make two small shades for our bedside lamps with inky the instructions and a quick look at their YouTube video.

Semaphorically Sat 29-Apr-17 16:36:50

I like Urbanara lightshades. And we have some from Yobo lighting that are nice.

mazzamoo123 Sun 06-Aug-17 16:04:05

If it's helpful, I make lampshades and the reason I started doing it was to make them affordable. They are expensive to make though so you will always pay for nice ones but I think it's worth it! I have ready made ones or can make them in the fabric of your choice. Have a look at my website if it's helpful www.shadesandfeathers.com

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: