Talk

Advanced search

How to warm up a grey bathroom

(30 Posts)
CremeDeSudo Thu 20-Apr-17 19:48:23

So we've recently moved into a new build house and this is our master bathroom. It's currently white paintwork, light grey tiles and darker grey vinyl. I'm desperately trying to give it a warmer feel! We're going to paint it but not sure what colour to go for. WWYD? Any other suggestions?

If it helps, we have a wooden tall unit to the left (opposite the loo) that you can't see and the wall space above the bath and tiles is just bare wall.

I don't know the photo has come up sideways sorry!

CremeDeSudo Thu 20-Apr-17 19:48:55

Ok apparently it's only sideways in the preview grin

ImALurkerNotAFighter Thu 20-Apr-17 19:50:17

All i can think is yellow/orange accessories

pestov Thu 20-Apr-17 19:51:18

Bright orange accents

DramaInPyjamas Thu 20-Apr-17 19:53:08

I'd do purples, hot pink, violet tones

leccybill Thu 20-Apr-17 19:53:37

Yellow towels (and bathmat?) And yellow geometric roller blind at the window. I know it's unnecessary but it will bring a touch of colour and softness to the room.

IvankaTrudeau Thu 20-Apr-17 19:54:13

I second hot pinks and purples.

elephantoverthehill Thu 20-Apr-17 19:54:56

I would suggest hot pink or turquoise towels etc, but orange might be a bit more on trend. I would also add a few orchids on that window sill, they would love it!

ThePurpleOneWithTheNut Thu 20-Apr-17 19:59:41

I agree that a blind would soften the look. Any of the colour themes mentioned would be nice. I don't think I'd paint the walls that might be too overpowering. A big mirror could be good or maybe some corner shelves with some accent colour bits and bobs on them.

CremeDeSudo Thu 20-Apr-17 20:05:48

As much as I would love pink I'm banned sad

Interesting you say not to paint it. What about an off-white?

I like the corner shelf idea too and will look at a blind. I was thinking a blind..I wonder if I can convince him orange is a good idea..wink

maisyanddaisy Thu 20-Apr-17 20:09:27

Lovely patterned blinds, multicoloured towels, bright prints for the wall, plants?

wellhonestly Thu 20-Apr-17 21:05:32

I second the colourful towels. I think turquoise would "pop" if you are not allowed pink... and a turquoise blind?

HonorBright Thu 20-Apr-17 21:26:37

Yellow towels and blind.

Picture-rail style shelving on the bare wall for attractive bottles etc.

HonorBright Thu 20-Apr-17 21:27:24

Or a hanging terrarium or two?

GingerKitCat Thu 20-Apr-17 21:42:38

Aqua and pale lime towels/ bath mat, accessories etc?

I also like the pp idea of an orchid smile

MrTCakes Thu 20-Apr-17 21:43:50

Yellow and navy

PanannyPanoo Thu 20-Apr-17 21:53:56

I like a bathroom to wallow and relax in I would look at inspiration from a lavender Bush! sage greens and dusky lavender would make it a really soft calming room.
if you are not a wallower then pops of bright colours would am gorgeous.

Decorhate Fri 21-Apr-17 06:29:05

I like it but then I prefer neutral for walls etc then add colour with accessories. Lime green would be my choice. Add plants, pictures, towels, storage pots etc.

Rascallsall Fri 21-Apr-17 08:25:51

I would choose a colourful roman blind that you both like for the window ( I make mine, but assume there are plenty of places to buy them such as Dunelm? ) and pick out one of the colours for towels etc

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Fri 21-Apr-17 20:42:18

Following with interest as we're about to move into one with very similar, except we have no window!

Thecontentedcat Fri 21-Apr-17 20:54:04

Paint the walls mustard. Get some plants and a patterned blind to go.

Thecontentedcat Fri 21-Apr-17 20:54:36

Coloured towels are totally naff

Thecontentedcat Fri 21-Apr-17 20:58:41

Or a primrose yellow would be softer if mustard is too strong for you

kingfisherblue33 Fri 21-Apr-17 21:02:54

Lime goes well with grey. We have grey walls and a lime feature wall in or bathroom. We also have lime towels.

Who said coloured towels are naff? Think you're getting confused with loo roll. Coloured towels are gorgeous. Plain white towels are boring - and get dirty quickly.

I'd go for a cool shower curtain - purple, lime, pink, teal are all good with great - and bath plus towel. You could also go for coordinating candle and sparkly toothbrush holder etc. There are plenty of ways to make your bathroom pretty!

Plus mirrors - we have a mosaic mirror and some smaller square mirrors. Go with grey and make the bathroom look bigger.

picklemepopcorn Fri 21-Apr-17 21:19:43

I have a cold grey kitchen, and lavender looks great. Purple towels, blind and hand wash, soft lavender walls in a washable paint.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now