Talk

Advanced search

Combined shoe storage and radiator cover?

(11 Posts)
Cornwall73 Sun 02-Apr-17 14:21:14

Does anyone have any ideas how best to manage shoe storage in the hallway? The only space available is in front of a radiator which currently has a cover (falling apart and needs replacing or an alternative).

Now that we don't have a buggy in the hall way - hurrah! - we would like to sort out how we can tidy away our shoes which we currently kick off and leave in front of the radiator cover. I have seen so much storage but nothing seems suitable for putting in front of a radiator.

blankmind Sun 02-Apr-17 14:31:55

Not going to do your shoes much good if they are that close to a hot radiator for several hours per day.

Any doors nearby to use an over-door hanging shoe-rack?

wobblywonderwoman Sun 02-Apr-17 14:37:04

Can you post a picture of your hall.. The glue will come apart on your shoes if left near the best like that. I will upload a picture of ours

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Sun 02-Apr-17 14:40:21

I don't think baking your shoes would be very good for them!

Cornwall73 Sun 02-Apr-17 16:27:42

I hadn't thought about baking shoes blush
It's not all our shoes just the immediate pairs for everyday use. At the moment we tuck the front of shoes under the radiator cover but I guess they are not in direct contact with the radiator. I'll try to take a photo.

Cornwall73 Sun 02-Apr-17 16:38:33

Here you go

Cornwall73 Sun 02-Apr-17 16:39:29

Everyone is out hence not many shoes but usually the full length of the radiator is full with some overflow!

specialsubject Mon 03-Apr-17 09:32:33

Take the cover off and burn it, that way you will get some of the lost heat back. Do not replace it.

No room for a simple rack next to it?

ZeldaWasMyGransName Mon 03-Apr-17 09:37:29

Have seen some people putting several towel rails or the like and tucking the in with the soles against the wall pointing down if that makes any sense?

Saves a lot of space and fairly tidy.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Mon 03-Apr-17 09:55:36

the first thing I thought of was the smell.... do you really want your whole house to smell of tepid footstink?

No understair space to use instead?

Thinkingblonde Mon 03-Apr-17 10:03:01

Is there room to the right of the radiator for an Ikea shoe cabinet? I had one in my previous house. It held a dozen pairs of shoes. It is roughly the same depth as the radiator cover so wouldn't encroach into the hall too much, Argos sell similar if no Ikea locally to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now