Talk

Advanced search

Painting front doors

(4 Posts)
OhMrBadger Sat 01-Apr-17 14:17:56

I'm about to paint the front door of our new house. It's a beautiful (possibly 30's or 40's) door with a tiny little square of stained bottle glass. It has a little window on either side. I love it but it desperately needs to be repainted. I'm going for a mid to dark grey and plan to paint the outside of the door plus the door and window frames in that colour.

But I can't decide whether to paint the inside of the door grey as well or to paint it white. It's currently unpainted but does have a wood stain on it. It's very dark and looks kind of jarring. The inside of the windows beside the door are white.

I plan to paint the hall in a warm grey (the house won't all be greys!) but I'm just unsure about what to do with the inside of the door.

Any thoughts?

wowfudge Sat 01-Apr-17 16:23:33

I'd use a good primer such as Zinsser and paint the inside white. It will brighten up the hall no end.

Floggingmolly Sat 01-Apr-17 16:25:30

Definitely white.

OhMrBadger Sat 01-Apr-17 16:55:00

I love Zinsser primer. I use it on everything! Ok, so I'll go with white for the inside

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now