Talk

Advanced search

Where's the best place (website or magazine) for ideas?

(9 Posts)
MaitlandGirl Sat 01-Apr-17 07:57:38

We live in a new house so every wall is cream sad it's driving me nuts but I don't know where to start.

We can't change the blinds, carpets (cafe au lait wool twist), the kitchen (stainless steel appliances with dark grey cupboards and mottled grey granite work tops or the floor tiles (mottled sand) but everything else it up for change.

We've got carpet in the bedrooms and living room with tiles through from the front door right through into the open plan kitchen/dining room/family room. All the windows have vertical ivory blinds.

We've got 4 bedroom to decorate (the master has the same colour cupboards as the kitchen), a family bathroom (again with the same cupboards), a long narrow dark hallway and the 2 main living areas.

We live bright colours (our sofas are real blue) and all our furniture is a mid colour oak.

Has anyone got any ideas or places I can search for inspiration? I've looked on Pinterest but it's a bit overwhelming.

Thanks

OhMrBadger Sat 01-Apr-17 14:09:51

You could try Instagram. I get loads of inspiration from there.

Good magazines to try;

Ideal Home
Good Homes
Living Etc

OnePlanOnHouzz Sat 01-Apr-17 22:12:13

Houzz !!
Not just for the photos - the dilemma section is very informative too !

Semaphorically Sat 01-Apr-17 22:14:55

I use a combination of google image search (for specific things e.g. "Dark grey kitchen decor"), Pinterest (to make it manageable you need to collect a good set of boards to follow, people who share your taste) and a bit of houzz.

MaitlandGirl Mon 10-Apr-17 11:48:39

Thank you all smile that's my Easter break sorted out.

Jem01 Thu 13-Apr-17 15:05:31

Houzz it's so addictive!! Lots of (realistic!) inspiration on there

Misty9 Fri 14-Apr-17 22:30:19

I've just started reading good homes and am finding it great for inspiration. I find houzz and pinterest photos are both a bit too American

Allthebestnamesareused Sat 15-Apr-17 18:57:11

I second Houzz.

I also look at paint colours I like by typing them into pinterest. Eg. Type in Dulux Chic Shadow and it will come up with pins of rooms in that colour, samples etc

TheStoatIsStoatallyDifferent Sat 15-Apr-17 19:01:15

Another vote for Houzz. It's fantastic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now