Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy sofas and bedroom furniture?

(6 Posts)
Equimum Tue 28-Mar-17 13:06:13

We're hoping to move to a cottage in a few weeks time and we need new sofas, possibly an arm chair and some bedroom furniture. We have a middling budget, so looking for something better than Ikea, but probably not quite sofa.com. We've looked at DFS etc, and weren't particularly impressed. We quite like a few designs in Next, but we're not sure in quality etc - does anyone have experience of Next sofas?

Then bedrooms! We like solid wood, and will possibly go for something painted. I'm currently liking a few thinks from the Cotswold company. Again, does anyone have any experience of their furniture? Can anyone recommend anywhere that does similar pieces?

Many thanks

Equimum Wed 29-Mar-17 17:05:23

Bump

thenightmanageress Wed 29-Mar-17 17:32:12

Hi OP
Have you considered buying quality older furniture from either a vintage shop/dealer or auction? Try finding pieces of a similar age and style to the cottage maybe?
Good luck

Equimum Wed 29-Mar-17 20:22:21

Thanks night. I like the idea, and we'll certainly be looking for old dressers and coffee tables etc, but I'm less keen on older bedroom furniture and, obviously, sofas. I don't really want dark wood in the bedroom, which I guess most pieces of that age would be (?).

scissormister Fri 31-Mar-17 21:14:47

I'd like to know the answer to this too smile

scissormister Fri 31-Mar-17 21:15:16

You could paint dark wood though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now