Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom wall lights

(5 Posts)
Karcheer Thu 23-Mar-17 23:05:53

I'm on the hunt for some walllights for my bathroom, above the vanity. I also need a light above the bath.

I'd really like Porto Romano ribbon wall lights but they are waaaaay too expensive and I'm totally stuck on the light above the bath, I don't want a chandelier nor do I want something too modern, maybe something Art Deco...

Anyway can someone give me some inspiration please? I'm stuck :/

Thank you!

wowfudge Sat 25-Mar-17 07:04:05

Have you tried Pinterest? That's where I looked for our dining room with newly vaulted ceiling. Then I trawled lighting websites for reasonably priced lights. Ocean Lighting has a very selection though I didn't buy from them.

Sarahsea1 Sun 26-Mar-17 09:41:18

Christopher Wray has an ebay shop which might be worth a look.

JT05 Sun 26-Mar-17 15:19:33

Bathroom lights have to conform to the safety standards for bathroom electrics. In other words you cannot put a normal light fitting in a bathroom.

Sarahsea1 Sun 26-Mar-17 17:31:58

Bathroom light regs vary according to where you put them in relation to water - there are lots of illustrations online showing which IP rating applies to the zones. 60cm above the sink (water) should take it into zone 3 which doesn't need an IP rating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now