Talk

Advanced search

What kind for front room?

(5 Posts)
babyblabber Thu 23-Mar-17 07:54:13

So DH and I can't find a solution for this one!

Our living room has a huge window at the front of the house. It's a north facing room so I don't want a blind as I want as much light as possible to come in.

DH insists we need a blind for privacy. Our driveway is barren with a very low wall at the front so people walking past can see in as can people in the houses across the road. (Although we live near the end of a very quiet road so only neighbours from 3 houses walking past at most!).

Ideally I'd get a flower bed put in along the wall and put in small trees/a bush for a bit of privacy from the road (and it would be prettier) but we don't really have the budget to get garden work done right now.

Any ideas? Are there blinds that let light in, other than Venetian/shutter? It's complicated by the fact that the other front room (study) has a plan white blind. They should match to some degree from the outside right?

wobblywonderwoman Thu 23-Mar-17 07:59:10

I think I would get a blind in your situation
A wooden slatted one (perhaps in white) and you can slightly tilt it to give you more privacy when you need it.

wowfudge Thu 23-Mar-17 17:09:47

You can get Magic Blinds which let you see out, but no one can see in. We have one in our bathroom as there is no obscured glass.

BoBaraMoMara Thu 23-Mar-17 17:12:22

Get the film on your windows so that you can see out but no one can see in. It doesn't block any light and no one can see in.

NotMeNoNo Thu 23-Mar-17 19:00:39

Window film, google for "purlfrost" or "frostbrite". You can get all sorts of patterns.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now