Talk

Advanced search

Study uses

(10 Posts)
Tinnie88 Wed 22-Mar-17 19:22:30

What do you use your study for if you don't work from home? Neither myself or DH WFH regularly enough to dedicate a room to a study but our new house has one. It's not a very big room (9'2" x 8'2") so we can't use it as a second living room or anything. It's downstairs. Any suggestions?

nightswimming1 Wed 22-Mar-17 20:06:37

Home admin/filing is a big use for ours plus computer, printer etc. At the moment it's upstairs and I cannot wait for it to come downstairs.
Can also double as library for all your books, Photographs etc (albums, photo books)
You don't mention children but computers become increasingly important for homework so it's good as a homework space too.

OnePlanOnHouzz Fri 24-Mar-17 22:05:11

Where is it in relation to other rooms - if you were lucky enough for it to be near water in /out it could become a good sized laundry room ?! For washer and dryer etc ?

Earslaps Fri 24-Mar-17 22:11:36

We had similar in our last house. We had a sofa bed for guests, a desk with the desktop computer and loads of bookshelves. We also managed to dry washing in there.

TheFlyingFauxPas Fri 24-Mar-17 22:17:55

Ooh yes. Book shelves smile A small sofa. A little reading nook. Still nice to have a room away from hustle and bustle. Do you have children? Homework room?

3boys3dogshelp Fri 24-Mar-17 22:19:10

Piano and paperwork

CointreauVersial Fri 24-Mar-17 22:21:45

Sofabed and second TV?
Playstation/Wii?
Crafting/eBaying/reading/playing music?

Sinkingfeeling Fri 24-Mar-17 22:40:24

We have lots of books in ours, keep all our household and finance files in there and the dc use it for homework too. We use it for admin and a bit for work too. Most of the rest of the ground floor of our house is open plan so it's a good place to get some peace and quiet too.

Cornishmumofone Fri 24-Mar-17 22:40:55

Some sort of hobby room? My partner and I love cycling, so ours has two turbo trainers in it for cycling indoors. If you like craft or music, you could use it for that... Or a laundry room if you don't have a utility room.

dinobum Sat 25-Mar-17 07:19:06

Chocolate store

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now