Talk

Advanced search

New bed required - ideas please

(6 Posts)
allthebestplease Wed 22-Mar-17 17:19:59

I need to get a new bed...

DH bounces around in his sleep, and every bed I've had creaks. The creaks wake me up.

His bouncing also shakes the bed, which wake me up. I've had cheap beds and expensive beds but still they don't seem to last.

I bought a new memory foam type mattress which helps.

But, I need a solid bed base - any recommendations for a divan? Or for a slatted frame?

Please.....Help me get some sleep smile

VeritysWatchTower Thu 23-Mar-17 21:57:08

We have a 6ft zip and link so basically 2 x 3ft singles on a single divan base each, shoved together and then locked together, the base with U shaped clips and the mattresses with zips.

We did this because we stayed in a hotel when I was pregnant and despite getting up to go to the toilet several times in the night I didn't wake Dh. We actually removed the sheets etc from the bottom of the bed to see what brand bed we were sleeping on and discovered it was a zip and link.

The zips are on the sides of the mattress so you don't feel them and we bought our bed from a factory bed place where they make the beds on site. It cost £1k.

Dh is a lot taller than me and heavier than me, think rugby player build and there have been no squeaks from the bed in almost 4 years. It is very quiet wink

allthebestplease Fri 24-Mar-17 18:59:25

That's brilliant, thank you, and you totally know what its like to get disturbed in the night. I shall go and investigate. 😊

Unicorn81 Fri 24-Mar-17 20:52:13

You need to tie that kangaroo down 😂

Sorry no practical advice, all my beds have ended up like this too

OnePlanOnHouzz Fri 24-Mar-17 22:08:29

Getting the 3'beds that you make up individually without zipped mattress might be even better ... have stayed in a home in Holland with this set up - two duvets too and one comforter - and in one super king size bedframe ( think it may have been Ikea )

allthebestplease Mon 27-Mar-17 18:09:19

I like the idea of 2 separate beds, we had that set up in Germany. Off to Google.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now