Talk

Advanced search

Blinds - do I need them and if so what type ? !!

(17 Posts)
GezFox Wed 22-Mar-17 13:34:01

Hi there
We just had our cloakroom and bathroom refurbished and just need to get new blinds . DH is if the view we don't need them whereas I think they will the room look finished .
Interested in your views and if you agree with me would you go for roller blinds ? Looking for a neat and clean finish
Thanks all!

doublesnap Wed 22-Mar-17 13:35:42

you need them because people will be able to see in when the light is on at night. I'd get venetian blinds, there are some lovely wooden ones.

DaisyQueen Wed 22-Mar-17 13:39:30

I would choose venetian blinds rather than a roller. It's a lovely room btw

pengymum Wed 22-Mar-17 14:02:54

I wouldn't bother in cloakroom as can't see anything through the window anyway. Bathroom maybe but Venetian are a pain to clean so I'd not bother unless you have a cleaner! 😁 Or are giving neighbours a free show of an evening! ☺️

Tinnie88 Wed 22-Mar-17 19:24:25

I'd have roman blinds. Will give it a finished look without being a dust trap like Venetians. I'm anti roller blind, not sure why just never been a fan!

GezFox Wed 22-Mar-17 20:35:29

Thanks for your thoughts . I will look at venetian - although reminds me of metal office blinds but I am sure there are some really nice ones out there !!!! Also roman could be interesting and had never thought of for a bathroom either .

Will report back !

scissormister Wed 22-Mar-17 22:26:41

You could put a rail for a small half curtain just below the top, smaller windows. My parents have this and it works nicely. Or put something like a large flower arrangement on the sill, which​ will block the view in in the same way as curtains/blinds.

Nospringflower Thu 23-Mar-17 10:59:21

Both rooms look lovely and I think I have the same wall tiles as you have in your cloakroom!

I wouldnt have a blind if noone can see through but if they can then I would have a small roman blind in the cloakroom. Nor sure what in the bathroom as fabric gets all horrible from steam so metal of some kind? Or big plants along the window ledge?

GezFox Thu 23-Mar-17 17:24:24

Thanks !
Nobody can see through windows do more thinking about finishing the room as I feel a blind could add something ? The cloakroom would be fine with a fabric roman blind as would never get steamy in there grin
The main bathroom could be a Venetian although kids will start showering in there in the future so may need to think longer term and go for something that can cope with steam

Tinnie88 Fri 24-Mar-17 06:59:39

We have a roman blind in our ensuite and steam has never been an issue. We do always have the fan on when we shower though so I suppose it might depend what your room is like. Love the tiles in your cloakroom BTW.

nightswimming1 Tue 28-Mar-17 22:54:35

Roman or a nice roller. Dont get a Venetian. I have had plenty of cleaning help and the Venetians always stay dirty!

Silverdream Thu 30-Mar-17 07:00:36

I think a blind in the bathroom would look too much because there is a lot of pattern going on. Squares of the tiles and squares in the window. If it's not overlooked I'd go for a solid colour vase/ pot in green to cut throw the light cream. Three tall round ones in different sizes to soften the rectangular lines.
The toilet I'd have a Venetian blind in a vertical stripe.

jojomom Thu 30-Mar-17 07:24:13

I wouldn't put anything up, it looks good as it is. The style of the bathroom doesn't need a window dressing. You've said there's no reason to have them to block onlookers so don't get anything.

TheHiphopopotamus Thu 30-Mar-17 08:06:34

I'd feel a bit 'exposed' in a bathroom with no window covering, even if you aren't overlooked.

Personally I'd go for either wide slat Venetian blinds or a Roman blind like either of these.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Thu 30-Mar-17 08:13:17

be very aware that you WILL be silhouetted beautifully against that bathroom window as you wipe your arse stand at the toilet

opaque glass is pretty useless in the dark tbh

bluefeathers Fri 31-Mar-17 06:41:25

I personally think Venetian blinds would look awful. We went for a very nice quality roller blind, fitted inside the window - it's discreet, smart when rolled down and doesn't block the light during the day like roman blinds would

highwoodwitch Sat 01-Apr-17 00:59:04

Either a neat roller blind or white wood effect venetians would give a feeling of privacy when the light is on even if not overlooked. Need to be faux wood though for a bathroom. I have the wide slats and they look very good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now