A warm paint colour for a dark room?

(6 Posts)
user1484830599 Mon 20-Mar-17 18:19:26

My sons new bedroom is a very dark room (our new house has lots of trees around which suck out all of the light) any suggestions for a colour that will make it feel warm?

I'd like to avoid reds/pinks and yellows if I can - maybe leaning towards a blue or a green perhaps. Any suggestions?

mumma24 Mon 20-Mar-17 20:40:04

How about Farrow and Ball cooking apple green and most importantly lighting, Any dark room can be improved DRASTICALLY, regardless of paint colour with adequate lighting.

user1484830599 Mon 20-Mar-17 21:56:25

Thank you mumma! I'm not sure about that green, it is a little greener than I was thinking - was thinking more of an aqua but that may be too cool.

Yes, I'll need to look at the lighting too I think. Old house so very high ceilings.

Mysterycat23 Mon 20-Mar-17 22:04:01

Ironically a darker colour scheme can make a dark room feel more cosy and warm. We have deep blue wallpaper in our north facing bedroom. I was inspired by Abigail Ahern's book "Colour" which is quite scary but inspiring!

Mysterycat23 Mon 20-Mar-17 22:04:49

Deep blue is on 3 of the 4 walls I should say grin sounds scary but actually lovely and cosy

user1484830599 Tue 21-Mar-17 13:07:40

Completely agree with you @Mysterycat23 - a different room that side of the house is a very dark red but instead of looking dark it just looks warm and cosy. Its very nicely done.

I'd prefer to go a lighter colour for the bedroom though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now