Kids bedrooms - solution to the poster ruining wall problem??

(5 Posts)
Wiifitmama Sat 18-Mar-17 21:59:55

We are in the middle of a refurb project that includes doing two of the kids bedrooms. They will have pristine walls afterwards which they will right away want to stick posters onto. The posters are just from magazines and are changed regularly. They ruin the walls with blue tack.

I don't want to be the mean mother and say they can't put posters up in their own bedrooms, but am dreading it! So, is there a solution? I was thinking about really large cork board on the wall which they can put whatever they want onto and change regularly. The problem is that I can't find anythign really big. Has anyone made their own? Cork tiles stuck onto a big ply board type thing? Or any other solutions?

Pinotgrigioplease Sat 18-Mar-17 22:07:13

Could work out expensive if they want to put up lots but these are great

www.command.com/3M/en_US/command/products/~/Command-Poster-Strips?N=5924736+3294529207+3294774426&rt=rud

DaleTremont Sat 18-Mar-17 22:07:53

Command Poster Hanging Strips are meant to leave walls undamaged.

PoloZolo Sat 18-Mar-17 22:10:09

How about they fix them to the wall with Washi tape instead of blue tac? It doesn't leave marks behind. It's like posh sellotape, you can buy it in loads of places in funky designs

Boulshired Sun 19-Mar-17 11:55:47

I have in both teenagers room a wall of cheap blank frames using command strips. They then print out lots of photos. DS1 has his filled with Star Wars and football stars. DD has lots of selfies and a few funny animal pictures. They can change the pictures as much as they want but are not allowed to stick anything else on the walls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now