What colour is your sofa?

(18 Posts)
MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Thu 16-Mar-17 14:01:05

I'm in the throes of looking for a new sofa and need inspiration and advice please!

I am veering towards creamy beige or pale grey fabric but part of me is wondering if I should be more adventurous?

What colour is your sofa? Besides loving it what made you choose the colour (complimented existing flooring or fireplace / north or south facing room etc)?
And if you were back choosing again would you pick the same?

Thanks in advance.

AnneLovesGilbert Thu 16-Mar-17 14:02:09

Beige. We thought we were grey people, but we're now beige people confused

(but it does go with everything and we have beautiful coloured cushions on it!)

Allthebestnamesareused Thu 16-Mar-17 14:05:43

We too were grey people but have become taupe people - but have 2 taupe and one "orange"!!

Madbengalmum Thu 16-Mar-17 14:10:29

Have some cream, some muliti with cream background, purple. Then some black and pewter, and some duck egg blue. Yes, we have alot of sofas!

Madbengalmum Thu 16-Mar-17 14:12:06

To add diferent rooms and the seasons we use the rooms dictated the colours, ie the darker ones are in our large fireplace rooms and lighter in more summery rooms.

Gingerbreadmam Thu 16-Mar-17 14:12:12

we went for brown. love the sofa went for comfort rather than looks but brown is so boring and doesnt really go with anything other than brown or cream in our tiny little house

Allthebestnamesareused Thu 16-Mar-17 14:14:43

oh and we have purple in the kitchen

Bloggybollocks Thu 16-Mar-17 14:17:19

Mine is mustard, velvet. I wanted a 'wow' sofa, I'm not very grey or beige so dont want my furniture to be either!!

Aworldofmyown Thu 16-Mar-17 14:17:39

Ours is a green tweedy fabric.

1happyhippie Thu 16-Mar-17 14:18:05

We have just got new sofas. We had brown leather ones. Had them for years, with having young dc and the dog they were ideal.
Now the dc are older we wanted fabric. We went for grey. 4 seater and a 2 with foot stool.
I love it. So comfy. Our living rooms pretty plain so seems to go well.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Thu 16-Mar-17 14:18:42

This morning the arm of the sofa was Nutella and the chair was Vimto.
This afternoon it is beige.

Roomba Thu 16-Mar-17 14:19:25

I have two dark brown leather sofas. Boring, but practical. They don't really clash with anything, are comfy and are wipe clean. Not very inspiring, sorry!

Chasingsquirrels Thu 16-Mar-17 14:21:39

Grey & black & plum (probably).
I just liked the colours when I saw it, didn't have any set ideas and ended up choosing between this one and a bright red one.

Chose pale grey carpet & very pale lilac paint to go with it.

Last one was yellow-gold & blue.

JT05 Thu 16-Mar-17 15:37:37

Jade velvet and stone velvet, to go with dark raspberry / pale mauve walls.

thenightmanageress Thu 16-Mar-17 15:48:42

Duck egg blue and creamy silk Wesley Barrell sofas. V v comfy but sadly a stupid choice with toddlers around!

Timeforabiscuit Thu 16-Mar-17 15:53:36

Lime green tthree seater, purple armchair and a raspberry zig zag foot stool.

My mum hated it!grin but i was so sick of sensible leather or dark fabric.

Sonce obtaining a dig and allowing foid on the sofa the green may have been a mistake, but a glorious one!

Timeforabiscuit Thu 16-Mar-17 15:54:44

* dog and allowing food! confused

Miniwookie Fri 17-Mar-17 20:48:06

Two mid grey and one purple. I liked the colours

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now