Talk

Advanced search

Furniture to hide cables

(5 Posts)
kitkat321 Sat 11-Mar-17 22:10:30

We didnt really think things out properly when we purchased our new build and when given the option of where the sky/bt points should be we picked the wrong place sad

Anyway, you get a lot of plug points/aerial points with a new build and then when you choose which tv supplier you want to go with they add more - we therefore have a corner in the room which is literally rammed with plug and aeriel points.

I used to have a horrid glass TV unit in there but it took up too much room so we got the tv wall mounted which loooks lovely but we still needed somewhere to sit the sky box next to the plug points so I have a cheap argos shelve unit because it meant I could leave a gap at the back before fitting the back board for the sky box cables to plug in.

www.argos.co.uk/product/6092249

It just looks cheap though and you can still see some of the wires.

Question for those who have a similar set up i.e. TV wall mounted and plugs/cables elsewhere - what do you use to keep in looking tidy?

Also, we have a dark walnut laminate floor - I also regret this as I feel it's limited the options in term of furniture i.e. a lovely oak piece wouldn't match. I'm crap at interior design so would love any suggetions of furniture and colours that would work?

JonesyAndTheSalad Sun 12-Mar-17 10:26:40

A pic would help...can you upload one of the tv area which maybe catches a bit of the floor in it?

ggirl Sat 18-Mar-17 14:30:31

I feel your pain , we have wires on either side of the couch for our laptops and , it looks shit. But we don't have a wall mounted telly so sorry can't help. Have you looked on pinterest for ideas. Searching cable hiding or cable management might work.

As for the dark floor and mixing woods , you could use painted wood furniture . I struggle as we have oak flooring throughout , our TV cabinet thing is a very light bleached pine and it probably clashes horribly but I can't be arsed to change it now.

FinallyHere Sat 18-Mar-17 14:59:43

If you upgrade to the latest Sky Q box, you can have it anywhere you like and use a small, multiroom box to drive the TV. Just sayin'

ggirl Sat 18-Mar-17 15:22:35

there's your answer OP !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now