Talk

Advanced search

Curtains for 8-year-old boy's room

(5 Posts)
NightWanderer Thu 02-Mar-17 12:49:31

I've been looking for new curtains for DS's room, but have been really underwhelmed by the choice. He suggested something like blue and green check but I haven't seen anything like that. I've seen tartan ones but I was thinking something brighter and more vibrant. I had a look in Ikea and I seriously think their curtain designers are on drugs or something. They are so weird or just plain. M&S, Next, etc look like granny curtains (sorry).

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

He's 8 and I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine so can alter them.

strawberrypenguin Thu 02-Mar-17 18:59:19

Try Ikea. They actually have some really nice options and a good range to pick from (at least my closest one does)

jo10000 Thu 02-Mar-17 19:25:31

Just had this problem with 9 year old. Got them from amazon in the end ,different shades of blue squares like Minecraft. Also z bed and bedding to match off ebay.

Bloggybollocks Thu 02-Mar-17 19:29:30

I made my own, bought the really long unhemmed ones from ikea, they're cotton so I dyed them bright blue, hemmed them at the right length then bought some football transfers and ironed them onto the bottom. They look great!

NightWanderer Fri 03-Mar-17 01:27:57

Thanks! A few years ago when we moved I bought all IKEA curtains. They were so bright and fun, but the last time I went the curtains were all plain and dark colors. We have a lot of windows so they really make the room look drab and boring. I'll keep looking in the fabric section. Hopefully they'll get something a little brighter in once winter finishes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now