Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Neutral living room

(5 Posts)
storynanny Tue 28-Feb-17 20:43:55

Redecorating the living room and no little ones to mess it up! New carpet, painted walls and sofas. It is a square room and not very large, at the moment we have a 2 seater and a 3 seater sofa on 2 walls.
I've gone for nutmeg white on walls and probably a creamy beige carpet. Is it too neutral to go for cream leather sofas? Would chocolate brown sofas make the room look too small? I'm thinking with neutral shades I could accessorise with bright colours.
What do you think? Too boring?

JazzFunk Wed 01-Mar-17 10:11:13

Yes maybe a little bit boring - although I'm all for going neutral with the big expensive buys, then you can change things when you want to with bright throws/rugs/cushions... But I do think brown leather sofas have had their day - they look fine if u already have them, but I wouldn't buy them new anymore. I've never liked the look of cream leather sofas either though. What about tan leather? It's been the 'classic' leather sofa shade for ever so never goes out of style IMO. And personally I wouldn't match the sofas - maybe match the style or shape but have one leather and one in fabric, etc. Or have you considered one sofa and two (not matching) chairs? Can give you more space and flexibility in a small room.

storynanny Wed 01-Mar-17 18:57:20

Thanks, yes I'm moving away from the brown sofa idea! Going off to the furniture shop Friday with my carpet samples to see what goes together!

Atantrumaday Thu 02-Mar-17 14:46:29

Instagram is my main source of inspiration at the moment.

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Mon 06-Mar-17 15:00:10

I love tan leather sofas too. West elm have some lovely looking ones, though sadly the wrong size for my house. Agree with having different sofas too rather than matching.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now