Talk

Advanced search

Ikea mattresses. Want a new one but to recreate "Hypnos Bed" Suggestions?

(5 Posts)
MarciaBlaine Tue 28-Feb-17 20:04:02

We are getting on a bit. We have a Malm bed with a mattress that is about 12 years old. We feel it is not so comfy any more and have talked of replacing it. I am quite clueless in this regard but we agreed that the Premier Inn beds are bloody lovely and wondered how /if can we recreate that at home? Any ideas much appreciated.

NotAMammy Wed 01-Mar-17 22:45:40

You can buy premier inn beds and mattresses, but I don't know of anyone who's actually done this.
Sorry, not massively helpful. We've just bought an Ikea mattress but haven't actually slept in it yet!

Mehfruittea Wed 01-Mar-17 22:55:36

Single bed - 90x190cm

Mattress £360

Mattress & divan £570

Mattress & 2-drawer divan £650
Double bed - 135x190cm

Mattress £465

Mattress & divan £790

Mattress & 2-drawer divan £870
King size bed - 150x200cm

Mattress £525

Mattress & divan £900

Mattress & 2-drawer divan £980
Super king bed - 180x200cm

Mattress £630

Mattress & divan £1050

Mattress & 2-drawer divan £1130

YippieKayakOtherBuckets Fri 03-Mar-17 22:37:31

Yes, you can just buy a Premier Inn bed. Be aware that they have an integral topper so they can be rotated but not turned.

Serin Sat 04-Mar-17 19:03:15

smile I could have written your post in January.

We are also getting old and have plodded on making do with our last mattress for 18years.

We stayed in a holiday cottage in summer with an iBed carina mattress on the bed, which we found a bit softer than Premier Inn's and so comfy for us. It was £1200 from Benson's but worth every penny. They also do interest free credit. Also that is for the divan base and headboard as well, if you just wanted a mattress I think it would be cheaper.

I have never found an IKEA mattress that I would want to spend the night on.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: