Talk

Advanced search

what colours your hall?

(24 Posts)
Theothersideof40 Mon 27-Feb-17 18:34:42

So we are just starting to peel off our 1980's inherited wallpaper in the hall!
Just wondering what colour all your halls are?

wowfudge Mon 27-Feb-17 19:49:48

Hmm - not our choice but it's orange. After initially thinking it was vile in the photos before we viewed the house, we both quite like it. Unlike some of the other colours the previous owners put on the walls...

Lesley1980 Mon 27-Feb-17 21:45:35

We have Crown Spotlight. It was supposed to be grey but after 2pm it turns lilac. I like it though.

PickAChew Mon 27-Feb-17 21:50:49

A lovely sunny yellow
www.craigandrose.com/maria-theresa-yellow (not that the colour displays all that well on a screen)

Bombaybunty Mon 27-Feb-17 21:52:43

Lilac with green swirly carpet. It's on the list to be done!

MrsJayy Mon 27-Feb-17 21:54:45

Lavender was meant to be Mauve (sigh) its ok now hated it at first.

Chasingsquirrels Mon 27-Feb-17 21:56:26

Sage green.
Amitco-type wooden flooring with creamy-flecked carpet on the stairs.
Wood stained skirting, banister etc.
White internal doors.

CharleyDavidson Mon 27-Feb-17 21:57:06

Our hall is papered.

Pretty bird wallpaper from B&Q on some walls and a dark teal/blue paper on the other walls.

We've also had a nice silvery-grey carpet put in, which is much nicer than the 20 year old blue carpet in the pic.

CocoLoco87 Mon 27-Feb-17 21:57:18

Apple Green confused it's last on the list to be done sad

MrsJayy Mon 27-Feb-17 22:03:50

I wanted that bird paper in my bedroom dh hated it we had a hoha in B n Qabout it

onebusymum Tue 28-Feb-17 07:18:53

Thanks everyone, chasingsquirrels yours sounds exactly like how i want it sage green, are you able to show me a picture? ☺

NomDePlumeReloaded Tue 28-Feb-17 07:46:26

White.

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Tue 28-Feb-17 07:55:33

A sort of teal/Air Force blue - dark below the dado and light above.

HughLauriesStubble Tue 28-Feb-17 08:07:37

Silver textured wallpaper. It's fab!

SlaveToDisney Tue 28-Feb-17 08:33:21

Literally just brougt paint for ours it is the last to be done. At the moment it is blue and cream swirly pattern we have brought johnstones moonlit sky which is a pale grey we have no natural light in there other than what comes through the door panels so i hope it is light enough.

Laniakea Tue 28-Feb-17 09:21:23

we repainted yesterday! It is F&B Cord & String now (both warm beige-ish colours) before that it was green (F&B Cooking Apple) which was nice but I got bored of it after a couple of years.

WattdeEll Wed 01-Mar-17 00:31:10

Crown Hall and Stairs "smoke and mirrors". It is grey, scrubbable and fabulous. Gets loads of positive comments.

Ifonlyiweretaller Wed 01-Mar-17 13:18:46

Mine's being done next week - White Tie wood & walls, Wimborne White ceiling and Skimming Stone panels. Decided to have them colour mixed though rather than pay for Farrow & Ball -cant justify the expense for a 'through' area (the upstairs of which no-one sees apart from me and OH!). All neutral off whites which will tone with the similar colour scheme in the kitchen/dining area which I love.

Allthebestnamesareused Sat 04-Mar-17 16:28:08

Timeless by Dulux

onebusymum Sat 04-Mar-17 17:00:08

Thanks everyone, still havnt decided. Ive gone from sage green to mushroom, to a beige!!

Sung Sat 04-Mar-17 19:04:51

Currently Farrow and Ball Ringwold Ground but changing it to Little Greene Beauvais Violet soon...so nothing wilding exciting!

Mapless Wed 15-Mar-17 07:55:45

F and B Elephants Breath but never never again in a hall. Colour is good but the estate emulsion shows every finger print.(I need to re coat with modern emulsion).

WavingNotDrowning Wed 15-Mar-17 08:10:21

Mine is Farrow and Ball Cornforth White. Don't know if the decorators used modern or estate emulsion though and I'm now worried. (It's about 2 weeks old).

it looks lovely. We have white painted floorboards and white woodwork. I don't want to clutter it up with coats and other shit.

Mapless Fri 17-Mar-17 10:23:25

Sounds lovely Waving.

Scraping school bags on shoulders and play date fingers did mine in. Repainted 4 months after it was done. Needs doing again . Recoat was in December! (Only a meter from the skirting though).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now