Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fake Eames chairs

(8 Posts)
BoringUsername17 Thu 23-Feb-17 19:37:52

Are they ghastly? Or ok.i love the style but can't afford the original. Any recommendations for decent quality fakes?

NotAMammy Thu 23-Feb-17 20:51:17

The plastic school chair types? As far as I know, Eames intentionally left their designs copyright free so you should be able to get decent versions loads of places.

I like them, but I know the ones at work have loose joints at the bottom so get very wobbly. But that might be just those ones.

Dilligaf81 Thu 23-Feb-17 20:57:09

I have fake ones and love them.
I got 6 for less than the price of 1 and they look great.
A friend visited yesterday and sat in them, her first words were "these are really comfy". They are sturdy and wipe clean we have 4 kids who have tested that.

BoringUsername17 Fri 24-Feb-17 07:37:52

Thanks both! I definitely can't afford the £300 each John Lewis ones so that's good to know.

silverlin Fri 24-Feb-17 12:07:12

I have some of these and they are fine. One screw on one chair comes loose a lot though and there they are turning yellow at the top where they overhang the table and the sun gets them. I guess this would happen with the real ones though.

mrscrocopop Fri 24-Feb-17 20:31:49

I have a set of four that I got for £60 & I love them. They are very comfy, look great and wipe clean 👍Perfect!

Honeyandfizz Fri 24-Feb-17 20:36:53

We have one at our desk, I bought it from eBay if I recall. I think it looks fab but a tad uncomfy so I put cushions on it.

slinkysaluki Tue 28-Feb-17 07:23:16

I bought some fake Eames Eiffel chairs from Private Floor online. Lots of reproduction furniture, worth a look and reasonable prices

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now