Talk

Advanced search

Anyone use pan drawers for food storage?

(4 Posts)
YorkshireTea86 Wed 22-Feb-17 14:01:30

Currently planning kitchen and can't get both a larder and eye level oven in so wondering if anyone uses wide pan drawers for storing tins, pasta etc rather than larder? Would have 2 800mm wide pan drawers and possibly 1/2 600mm wide as well.

TattiePants Thu 23-Feb-17 19:49:44

I have a pull out larder for tins and bottles then two 900mm pan drawers for pasta, packets, eggs, bread etc. They have flexible dividers in them so I can make individual compartments of various sizes.

swillows Mon 27-Feb-17 08:21:23

We have a bank of nine drawers - the top three are shallow and are used for utensils and, in one, we've put Ikea spice jar racks (they lay down) and this works well. We use two of the deep drawers for dry goods: one for bread, biscuits, crisps etc and another for pulses, couscous, seeds etc stacked in Lakeland containers. We do have a larder cupboard for tins, jars, oils etc. I think I'd be wary about overloading a big pan drawer with heavy stuff just because you can fit so much in them...

YorkshireTea86 Mon 27-Feb-17 09:07:29

Hmm....might have to consider putting some tins in the wall cupboard. But still rice, pasta and maybe cereals in the drawers. It's so hard to know if we are going to have enough storage when I've never had pan drawers before! Although we will have more than double the number of base cupboards/drawers than we have now just slightly fewer wall cupboards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now