Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy furniture?

(14 Posts)
Notanotherpawpatrol Sun 19-Feb-17 00:07:12

I'm re-doin the living room and need some new furniture! Dh likes quite modern stuff and thinks all our answers are at IKEA, I like more...Cosy stuff? Not necessarily pine but things that don't look so cold and clinical 🙈 were looking for a unit for DVD's (we literally have hundreds that she refuses to even consider thinning out!) Something to put the TV stand on and I'm thinking a nest of tables to go next to the sofa and a coffee table?
Where do I even start to look? I literally have no idea where to look for furniture other than IKEA confused

DJKKSlider Sun 19-Feb-17 00:10:49

The Range have some stuff, no idea about quality though.
Other than that I can't really think?
I know there's places like Oak Furniture land but they're quite pricey I think.

offblackeggshell Sun 19-Feb-17 00:12:00

There is lots of stuff that is neither cold nor clinical at IKEA. Hygge, remember!

Notanotherpawpatrol Sun 19-Feb-17 00:19:37

I don't really mind about price, I want to get something that will last I've been saving for a while and just want something that I'll love!
Dh's parents bought all our current furniture as a wedding gift, and as much as I live it, I'm looking forward to buying what I want! (We've been married 10 years, so it's had its run grin and dh has agreed it's time change it now...After the back fell off the TV cabinet!)

Jaimx86 Sun 19-Feb-17 00:22:17

I really like Maison du Monde.

bojorojo Sun 19-Feb-17 00:26:57

Neptune will really suit you! John Lewis for ideas, OKA for traditional. Swoon, Conran Shop, Heals and Houseology (lots of brands and ideas). Buy Homes and Gardens magazine. Have fun looking.

Livinghappy123 Sun 19-Feb-17 00:34:37

Some of our furniture is from Next and from Ebay and Gumtree - you can find some expensive pieces for very little if you look hard. I love Homesense for quirky pieces too

ozymandiusking Sun 19-Feb-17 00:45:34

We have Morris Horizon furniture, there is a display cabinet on ebay at the moment which you could see, and that would give you an idea of what it looks like.

Notanotherpawpatrol Sun 19-Feb-17 20:23:34

Thanks for all your suggestions! I'm going to take a look at them all later. And I'm definitley planning on getting the scissors and glue out bojo and cut up some magazines. I'm actually really excited about it!! grin

Fairylea Sun 19-Feb-17 20:33:21

I'm browsing for stuff too.. I'm looking at Next, George at Asda, Cotswold Company, Argos, Furniture Village and Wayfair. Huge price range between those but some nice things on each!

Laska5772 Sun 19-Feb-17 20:35:21

How about John Lewis?

wonkylegs Sun 19-Feb-17 20:39:42

I've had some nice stuff from Make, john Lewis, habitat, heals, Blue Sun Tree

ginorwine Thu 23-Feb-17 09:54:16

Love blue sun tree and scandi design centre . Sofa good from made .

JoJoSM2 Sat 25-Feb-17 00:27:28

Have a look on Houzz for some inspiration too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now