Talk

Advanced search

Love Emma Bridgewater Starry Skies but...

(8 Posts)
JJBlinks Sat 18-Feb-17 14:00:05

shock at the price...!

Has anyone come across anything similar that is more in my budget and can be used by my three DS without me hovering over them....!

Kathysclown Sat 18-Feb-17 14:06:14

We have the Starry Skies (and other patterns) in the melamine versions for the children - which are much safer and cheaper too. We don't have any matching plates/bowls etc in the china, though, so we don't have the full dining set, if that is what you were after.

Nanasueathome Sat 18-Feb-17 14:08:32

Sorry.
I collect Emma Bridgewater crockery and have a lot
I do use it all the time but do have special sets that no one is allowed to use

JJBlinks Sat 18-Feb-17 14:20:04

I hadn't seen the melamine sets so thanks for that - that would be ideal for DS's. I may just have to get a few bits and then keep adding to it over time...

MelbourneClown03 Sat 18-Feb-17 23:15:08

TK Maxx has started to stock it sometimes, in certain branches.

Doesn't 'Hoover proof' them but they're a bit cheaper in TK Maxx.

The other option would be to buy seconds from the EB website. You can hardly tell what's wrong with an EB second, as EB's standards are so high for firsts. They're still not cheap but if you really like the patterns, it could be an option.

VinoEsmeralda Sat 18-Feb-17 23:20:35

I bought a whole EB set last year ( mix of seconds and firsts) and wish i hadnt. So much trouble with glazing cracking however great customer service which will replace but i've found eb isnt for daily use..

JJBlinks Sun 19-Feb-17 11:50:10

Thanks for all your comments. I think whilst the DS's are still small I will get an alternative!! Just struggling to find anything nice....confused

wobblywonderwoman Sun 19-Feb-17 19:14:39

Asda had a dupe of the heart version

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now