Talk

Advanced search

Carpets in 2 x boys bedrooms off hallway...go for the same, or different?

(11 Posts)
BretonTop Thu 16-Feb-17 22:40:48

Hi, looking at getting new carpet put down in our boys' (ages 3 and 6) bedrooms, which are at the end of the hallway. Hallway carpet is Primo Ultra Curlew; sort of a mushroom/taupe colour.

Was going to stick to light/neutral shade again, but they all look too similar to the hall carpet...should I just stick to the same one to have it match do you think? Or would that be weird?

BretonTop Thu 16-Feb-17 22:42:11

This is what's in the hall;

321zerobaby Thu 16-Feb-17 22:45:31

I have the same colour carpet (quite similar to your swatch) running up the stairs, landing and all of the bedrooms. I prefer that to all different.

DorcasthePuffin Thu 16-Feb-17 22:50:04

I think it looks better to have the same colour all through.

HerRoyalNotness Thu 16-Feb-17 22:55:40

All the same throughout. We bought a house that had 5 different carpets, first thing we did was replace it all to be the same

BretonTop Thu 16-Feb-17 22:55:45

Thanks for your replies! The eldest has his eye on some seriously deep-pile soft and fluffy stuff...will have to break his heart wink I've kinda gone off the stairs and hallway carpet, but it was fitted less than 3yrs ago, so can't see dh agreeing to change it again !

BretonTop Thu 16-Feb-17 22:56:31

The other two bedrooms have original oak flooring, so at least it won't be too samey upstairs.

downwardfacingdog Tue 28-Feb-17 09:58:53

Agree with matching. How about a nice fluffy rug for your DS?smile

BretonTop Tue 28-Feb-17 11:11:03

Good idea - thanks smile We're going for a Lego theme in there so will see what I can find.

Chasingsquirrels Tue 28-Feb-17 11:14:56

I'd go with the same.
Our 4 bedroom all have different carpet, to each other and the stairs & landing.
If I cared enough I'd replace them all with the same as the stairs & landing (which is similar to your sample, about 7 years old).

Kiroro Wed 01-Mar-17 13:42:36

I'd go with the same.

Me too - will make the space feel more bigger and overall a better finish

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now