Talk

Advanced search

Fabric for curtains - advice needed

(6 Posts)
Ripperofknitting Sun 12-Feb-17 20:32:48

I'm just about to move into a new build and looking to save cash wherever I can as everything is costing me a fortune. I have no idea of exact measurements but in principle, do you think 20 metres of fabric would get me 2 roman blinds and floor length curtains for a room like this?

It's fabric from Next Clearance so limited info online - does it all come in standard widths?

Also any idea how much someone would charge for this?

I'm I better (cheaper) just to get ready made blinds etc? confused

Kr1stina Sun 12-Feb-17 20:38:18

Do you know the rough measurements?

Is that curtain floor to ceiling and if so, how tall is the room ?

Are these French /patio doors and how wide?

How wide are the windows ? You can guess from how many kitchen units they go across .

What's the pattern repeat on the fabric and how wide is it ? If it's clearance then you won't be able to buy more if you don't have enough.

Can you measure from the showhouse ?

LIZS Sun 12-Feb-17 20:45:04

I would have thought it would be plenty as long as the blinds are only one fabric width wide. Agree it may depend on pattern repeat though.

Ripperofknitting Sun 12-Feb-17 20:45:10

Thanks for replying Kr1stina. The Next Clearance online tells me nothing sad. I suppose I was just hoping that someone would say "God, 20 metres from Next is masses - you'll get curtains, blinds, cushions and whatever else your wee heart desires!

I'll measure up and head into the Next shop - hate passing up a bargain!

Ripperofknitting Sun 12-Feb-17 20:47:24

Thanks LIZS - can you tell I know bugger all about curtains etc? smile

Kr1stina Sun 12-Feb-17 21:41:45

It will cost you a bit to get them made up ( labour and materials ) and if your don't have enough width in the curtains they will look cheap.

Can't you find more information about the Fabric on the main Next site ? Surely they have the width - usually 55' if it's curtain fabric but not always . You need at least double the width of the curtain pole ( not the window) . I prefer 2.5 times.

If there's a large PR that means you need a lot more fabric. None for a plain or stripe obv.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: