Talk

Advanced search

Fabric for curtains - advice needed

(6 Posts)
Ripperofknitting Sun 12-Feb-17 20:32:48

I'm just about to move into a new build and looking to save cash wherever I can as everything is costing me a fortune. I have no idea of exact measurements but in principle, do you think 20 metres of fabric would get me 2 roman blinds and floor length curtains for a room like this?

It's fabric from Next Clearance so limited info online - does it all come in standard widths?

Also any idea how much someone would charge for this?

I'm I better (cheaper) just to get ready made blinds etc? confused

Kr1stina Sun 12-Feb-17 20:38:18

Do you know the rough measurements?

Is that curtain floor to ceiling and if so, how tall is the room ?

Are these French /patio doors and how wide?

How wide are the windows ? You can guess from how many kitchen units they go across .

What's the pattern repeat on the fabric and how wide is it ? If it's clearance then you won't be able to buy more if you don't have enough.

Can you measure from the showhouse ?

LIZS Sun 12-Feb-17 20:45:04

I would have thought it would be plenty as long as the blinds are only one fabric width wide. Agree it may depend on pattern repeat though.

Ripperofknitting Sun 12-Feb-17 20:45:10

Thanks for replying Kr1stina. The Next Clearance online tells me nothing sad. I suppose I was just hoping that someone would say "God, 20 metres from Next is masses - you'll get curtains, blinds, cushions and whatever else your wee heart desires!

I'll measure up and head into the Next shop - hate passing up a bargain!

Ripperofknitting Sun 12-Feb-17 20:47:24

Thanks LIZS - can you tell I know bugger all about curtains etc? smile

Kr1stina Sun 12-Feb-17 21:41:45

It will cost you a bit to get them made up ( labour and materials ) and if your don't have enough width in the curtains they will look cheap.

Can't you find more information about the Fabric on the main Next site ? Surely they have the width - usually 55' if it's curtain fabric but not always . You need at least double the width of the curtain pole ( not the window) . I prefer 2.5 times.

If there's a large PR that means you need a lot more fabric. None for a plain or stripe obv.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now