Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom

(4 Posts)
TwoTeaTessie Sun 12-Feb-17 19:43:33

We're on a limited budget, but I am managing to update our tiny bathroom, It is exactly our bath long and fits a sink and toilet side by side width ways, and just want someone with a bit more experience than me to advise.

We currently have a shower over the bath with a glass shower screen. We're debating changing this to a shower curtain, but we can't have a full length pole as the window is in the way, so debating an extended L shaped one that will either fix to the tiles over the bath or to the ceiling.

We want to get rid of the glass screen as the plastic seal on the bottom looked grotty, and it swings open when someone is in the bath/shower so doesn't do a brilliant job keeping the water actually in the bath.

So what do you think, would a shower curtain be a better deal or should we have another go with the glass screen?

marriednotdead Sun 12-Feb-17 20:09:25

I'd replace the seal on the bottom of the screen if I were you, there's lots available. It takes up less space and looks more 'finished' than a curtain. The cost isn't going to be any more by the time you've bought a rail/curtains/fixings.

TwoTeaTessie Sun 12-Feb-17 20:43:13

Thanks, will changing the seal stop the leaking as well? As at the minute, it doesn't matter what you do it looks like a whale's had a bath in there?

marriednotdead Sun 12-Feb-17 22:26:46

It should do. The seal should fit quite closely to the edge of the bath otherwise it can't do it's job.

If you can position the shower head head any lower and tilt it to minimise the bounce of the spray, that might help too. Failing that, get a bigger mat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now