Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want a lovely sitting room that's also a spare bedroom?

(6 Posts)
JapaneseTea Sat 11-Feb-17 21:28:35

In the winter the spare bedroom gets lots of lovely sun. Currently it has a rubbish sofabed in (Made) which is a crap sofa and a crap bed. Also a ikea chest of drawers. One wall has shelves and wooden trunks with bed linen in.

It is quite small. It's about 3mtres by 3 metres.

I want a nice place to sit by the window, but also has a double bed option.

Has anyone managed this?

AndShesGone Sun 12-Feb-17 06:18:05

We've just had this. We went to 7 sofa shops including Made to find a decent sofa/bed combo and it was surprisingly hard. Most sofas are great at being one or the other, not both.

We ended up at love your home and bought a sofa with a bed and the chaise and storage. So the full Monty grin

It is a good bed, we upgraded the mattress for £99. You couldn't sleep on it every night. It's also a solid sofa, most we found had too much 'bounce' where you could tell there was a bed under.

Ours is being delivered in about 4 weeks. It's this one.

JapaneseTea Sun 12-Feb-17 09:26:50

Oooo will have a look! I think the chaise would be too big but how amazing to have the storage as well.

SimonNeilshair Sun 12-Feb-17 09:30:49

We made a spare bedroom in our lounge by installing a pull down Murphy bed. It's great, hardly takes up any space when it's away and is a 'real bed' for guests to sleep in.

AndShesGone Sun 12-Feb-17 09:30:51

They do it without the chaise and storage too. I found most of the sofas you could tell they were beds. Really hard to get both.

Cupoftchaiagain Sun 12-Feb-17 09:39:32

The Ikea daybed and a nice armchair?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now