Talk

Advanced search

How would you arrange this room? Pics included.

(8 Posts)
SequinsOnEverything Sat 11-Feb-17 18:32:45

I need help arranging my living room. I can't decide how it would look best.

We are about to paint the walls very pale grey and I'd like to replace the curtains, plus get some blinds.

I would love to replace the mish mash of sofas we have too, but realistically can't afford to do that this year. Nothing really goes together and I know until we replace the furniture it isn't gping to look amazing, but I'd like to make the most of it for now.

SequinsOnEverything Sun 12-Feb-17 14:51:08

Anyone?

MysticTwat Sun 12-Feb-17 14:54:31

Can you draw a room the room where windows and doors are, and do you need the play pen up still.

wowfudge Sun 12-Feb-17 14:55:28

Make something other than the TV the focal point - push the telly into a corner and arrange the sofas into a L shape so you don't on either and still see the screen. The mirror looks odd above the TV screen. Sort out your storage - get something you can either put storage boxes/bins on or with doors so you can't see the clutter.

SequinsOnEverything Sun 12-Feb-17 15:13:19

Thanks. I'll have a go at a drawing.

The play pen in theory keeps dd2 out of dd1s pens, games etc, although sometimes she manages to get in there anyway!

I agree the mirror isn't right over the tv.

It's a good size room and I just feel we aren't making the most of it at the moment.

SequinsOnEverything Sun 12-Feb-17 16:52:00

This is a plan of the room as it is now. I'm using an online planner so hopefully will have it figured out soon!

wobblywonderwoman Sun 12-Feb-17 20:16:09

Just by looking quickly I think I would put the largest sofa to the back of the room where the bookcase is. That would make a big difference ... TV unit to the left of where it is now and at an angle or get a corner unit in cream if you could get one.

I think I would paint all the photo frames in a white chalk paint and hang on one wall (or probably the right hand side wall if you were looking at the TV )

The room could take a nice deep colour

wobblywonderwoman Sun 12-Feb-17 20:17:21

Do you need all of the sofa space and the chair op?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now