Talk

Advanced search

Modern shaker - cup pull handles vs knobs

(11 Posts)
MrsNuckyThompson Sat 11-Feb-17 07:43:15

Advice please. We're fitting a modern/ sleek shaker kitchen and debating 'door furniture'.

DH prefers to go all knows. We'd go for relatively small, plain, round knobs.

Quite a few Pinterest posts I like however combine this look with cup pull handles on the drawers and things like the integrated dishwasher.

Any thoughts? Have you gone with just knobs or combined? The metal will be copper with copper hinges to match.

JoJoSM2 Sat 11-Feb-17 10:23:31

Shaker is not modern/sleek so if that's the look you're after then get plain front, could be gloss. Either handleless or pull handles. Shaker is a traditional style that looks most in keeping with knobs imo.

newroundhere Sat 11-Feb-17 10:24:55

Knobs!! grin

User446 Sat 11-Feb-17 12:24:20

We went with a shaker style matte finish for our kitchen and did all chrome knobs. I don't like the pulls but that's just me smile

gluenotsoup Sat 11-Feb-17 18:31:49

Knobs on cupboards, and cup handles on drawers here.

MrsNuckyThompson Sun 12-Feb-17 23:28:26

jojo - I know what you mean about shaker being a trad style but lots of kitchen designers are now offering a paired back version of 'shaker style' which has some of the key elements - painted wood, 5 part panel - but in a very sleek way. Have a look at Devol or Neptune to see what I mean

Thanks all - think we'll play it safe and go for just knobs. Pull handles are a bit hit and miss I think!

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sun 12-Feb-17 23:31:27

Being nosy here, but who are you getting yourkitchen from? We're about to do the same (knobs, btw, even though I love the cups, the knobs will look better in our particular kitchen).

DorcasthePuffin Sun 12-Feb-17 23:41:48

I like the pull handles.

namechangedtoday15 Mon 13-Feb-17 13:46:19

Knobs - on everything!

LoveAGoodToddlerTantrum Mon 13-Feb-17 13:55:39

We did cups on pan drawers and knobs on the cupboards

LoveAGoodToddlerTantrum Mon 13-Feb-17 13:58:33

Here's a photo - we weren't sure so got both types to have a look. Then ended up using both

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now