Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Plantation shutters. How to choose?

(12 Posts)
notarehearsal Wed 08-Feb-17 13:12:59

Wanting to buy plantation shutters for back kitchen windows. Can anyone recommend a company please? Searching all morning on internet and just getting more and more confused as to what to avoid. Looks like I shouldn't go for Chinese makes??

Leatherboundanddown Wed 08-Feb-17 13:17:24

Yes I can really recommend Appeal. I am getting these too, been planning for years.

notarehearsal Wed 08-Feb-17 13:41:21

Thanks so much for your response. I'll take a look now

Chopchopbusybusy Wed 08-Feb-17 13:43:36

We used Just Shutters. i know they cover the south coast but not sure where else.
Most companies order the Shutters from China.

notarehearsal Wed 08-Feb-17 13:50:07

That's interesting chopchop thabks for that. I wonder where I read to avoid the wood from shutters made in China

minipie Wed 08-Feb-17 14:36:38

I got some from The Traditional Shutter Company - they make all their own shutters in eastern Europe.

Tubbyinthehottub Wed 08-Feb-17 14:51:37

A local installer also told me that nearly all shutters come from China. That's why there's usually quite a lead time on them.

Fantasticmissfoxy Wed 08-Feb-17 22:26:45

I recently got ones from the California Shutter co and I have no idea where they are made but I was really happy with the service, the price and the shutters themselves are very good quality (and I went with the cheapest option of painted mdf)

lionsleepstonight Thu 09-Feb-17 20:48:38

We used Hillary's ones, painted mdf. They were the cheapest and after 2 years they still look brilliant.

Indaba Mon 13-Feb-17 17:50:52

They are pretty much all made in China or Eastern Europe. One thing you want to check is the housing/frame they sit in. They all need plastic frames that the actual shutter fits to: they do not fit on to the wall.

icyfront Mon 13-Feb-17 18:14:03

The House of Shutters in West Sussex make their own.

carabos Mon 13-Feb-17 20:20:35

Ours are being fitted next week, local company, shutters made in China. We have odd windows (all different sizes) as the building is a conversion and they have gone to great pains to get the effect that we want. Ours aren't mdf, softwood I think. I'm looking forward to seeing them in place. Hope they're worth the money!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now