Talk

Advanced search

Your best farrow and ball paint combos please !

(18 Posts)
ginorwine Wed 08-Feb-17 07:28:25

Have saved up and am having a decorator for our house . We have f and b paint in one room and I really love the texture and the way it changes shade in different light . We just chose a cream shade clunche or something like that .
I wd really appriciate advice on what wd be a good shade for woodwork - skirting s and cupboard and bookshelf - a white or a cream - with another colour for an east facing room . The sofa is like a soft lime green of a 6os design - Richie by made . And there is a wood ( natural ) floor and a black Victorian fireplace . The room is currently amid olive colour which is fab but too much with the new green sofa .
Also the kitchen is north west but half of it underground so little light .
Lastly the hall way - stairs . This goes up the centre of the house between rooms so gets no natural light unless the bedroom doors are open - I wd really appriciate advise on this one .
I want woodwork to be same colour thro out the house so I need to get it right .
I love grey but we need to get a stair carpet and I'm not sure wot colour would go with a grey - soft - wall . So wd i Need more cream rather than grey wall s for the hall ( only place there is going to be carpet )
The house is Victorian .
Thanks 😄

oleoleoleole Wed 08-Feb-17 07:33:28

We have soft stone (I think that's what it's called) with Clunch and it works well. I can't answer all your questions but f and b website ddo recommend colours for certain areas and certain colours that work together.

Zoffany paints are similar to F and b too.

ginorwine Wed 08-Feb-17 11:17:51

Thanks will look !

ginorwine Wed 08-Feb-17 19:08:21

Bump

mineallmine Wed 08-Feb-17 21:20:14

I have light blue in my East facing kitchen and it's really lovely. It changes from grey to blue to soft blue depending on the time of day and the weather. It would be lovely with the green sofa.

TangledUpInGin Wed 08-Feb-17 21:25:04

I've got clinch on my living room walls and my cupboards are light blue which works pretty well.

TangledUpInGin Wed 08-Feb-17 21:25:25

Clunch hmm

ginorwine Wed 08-Feb-17 21:57:01

The light blue looks lovely !! Not sure with the chair tho ..... but it is stunning !!!

MrsNuckyThompson Sat 11-Feb-17 07:51:03

We have borrowed light in bedrooms which is a lovely light blue but warm.

We have skimming stone elsewhere.

Alwayscheerful Sun 12-Feb-17 21:12:04

I have borrowed light In bedrooms.
Elephants breath and Hardwick white on the landing sitting room/downstairs and skimming stone and white in the kitchen.

HeadFullofSteam Sun 12-Feb-17 21:52:47

Strong white is a lovely soft warm greenish colour which i think blends really well with lots of F and B colours.

HeadFullofSteam Sun 12-Feb-17 21:53:29

Acht - greyish not greenish..

HeadFullofSteam Sun 12-Feb-17 21:54:58

Though interestingly, lots of decorators seem to not like using F & B paint.

Rascallsall Sun 12-Feb-17 23:33:28

Perhaps decorators can't get big trade discounts on F&B paints!!!

womanwithoutasong Sun 12-Feb-17 23:36:46

Decorators say it doesnt cover very well so they have to do several coats, so takes more time. Most suggest a Crown dupe which just isnt the same.

ginorwine Thu 23-Feb-17 10:07:59

Thanks all
I'm finding it really difficult
I tend to just use white historically and can't seem to feel confident with colour - I understand about underlying grey tone but the brochure talks about red tones and I just can't see it !
I love the blues and blackened but my sofa and chair ( see made Kubrick in lime green - sorry can't link ) has restricted my choice in the living room whichthen affects other choices as I want to shades to flow thro the house ....

starsinyourpies Sat 04-Mar-17 07:59:52

We have Pointing on ceilings and woodwork in three rooms and it goes very nicely with the wall colours (Ammonite, Cornforth White). I also painted a room elsewhere Peignoir which is lovely but struggling to put together the room with things that go with it!

SauvignonGrower Sat 04-Mar-17 08:06:43

Pinterest is your friend. Search for photos in the F&B colour you have in mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now